I kinda like the way we are doing business at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tend not to spend a lot of time on here during the close season ,lets be honest its fecking tendious.

Say we sign 5 players of note, that's a huge chunk of the summer left where feck alls happening yet the same posters spout shite day in day out, basically passing on some shite created to fill column inches.

Due to our endless struggles Im fairly eager to give footy a wide berth a few months a year, theres generally noting to see here/discuss, likewise the friendlies, yeah theyre great for anyone attending but glorified training sessions have taught us feck all in the past (ie beating Spurs in that cup).

Keeping stuff quiet and not coming out saying we are openly interested in certain players only for others to hijack the deals.

Would like to think this is happening anyway

Difficult to keep higher quality targets quiet when their agents are looking for the best deal for them!

Pleased you have such confidence. It's clear to anyone with brains that Congers is still on his holidays

Keeping stuff quiet and not coming out saying we are openly interested in certain players only for others to hijack the deals.

Do u like living in cloud cuckoo land?

Well so far we've signed two average players. I thought we'd have had more quality in by now. Cue some radgie exclaiming that the window opened on July 1st.

The start of the season is 4 weeks away.

Well so far we've signed two average players. I thought we'd have had more quality in by now. Cue some radgie exclaiming that the window opened on July 1st.

Window opened on 1 July FFS :evil::evil::evil:

In all seriousness though, we needed numbers in defence and from Advocaat's words it would seem like there's a lot going on behind the scenes.

I would worry if we've done nothing substantial by 1 Aug and not before.

Window opened on 1 July FFS :evil::evil::evil:

In all seriousness though, we needed numbers in defence and from Advocaat's words it would seem like there's a lot going on behind the scenes.

I would worry if we've done nothing substantial by 1 Aug and not before.

"Numbers"? We need quality in defence mate. Jury's very much out for Coates. We must have been the only suitors for Matthews which tells a story imo.

"Numbers"? We need quality in defence mate. Jury's very much out for Coates. We must have been the only suitors for Matthews which tells a story imo.
We need quality all over the pitch with a finite amount of cash. What do you suggest?

Main difference is its blindingly clear that Congerton and Poyet never saw eye to eye over signings. This season, don't think there's a chance in hell Dick would've come back if they were in disagreement and felt they couldn't work together. Plus I'd trust Advocaats judgement over Poyets any day of the week.
Good reply mate

Provided we are actually doing good business begin the scenes then this is the way to do it. Plenty of time left and should judge on outcomes of who we actually sign by day 1 of season (not end of transfer window)

My nervousness comes from the fact that the club has had a succession of shit transfer windows seemingly not learnt their lesson from past years. Nothing has happened this year to suggest any different tbh. We've signed two players, one is back up rb one is someone who was turd for 90% of last season. Hardly any signal we are likely to move onwards and upwards.

Nothing I've seen from congerton suggest he knows what he is doing.

People get over excited by little things like keeping it quiet, Congerton giving an ok interview, Dick not saying much but looking confident etc. We need signings to improve the squad massively and by now we only got two defenders who would probably be on the bench at the start of the season.
Dick talking about "value for money" and Prehab saying our potential offer for Wijnaldum would have been worlds apart from PSV evaluation isn't necessarily a good thing, looks like we just test the waters trying to find a bargain instead of going all out to sign the players we want/need. I'm not that confident TBH, the signs aren't great, but people defend Congerton and his lack of dealings in the same manner they did with Di Fanti. Anyone having the slightest doubt over Cabral or Roberge were getting abuse because they didn't trust the great DOF and his knowledge of the game.

People get over excited by little things like keeping it quiet, Congerton giving an ok interview, Dick not saying much but looking confident etc. We need signings to improve the squad massively and by now we only got two defenders who would probably be on the bench at the start of the season.
Dick talking about "value for money" and Prehab saying our potential offer for Wijnaldum would have been worlds apart from PSV evaluation isn't necessarily a good thing, looks like we just test the waters trying to find a bargain instead of going all out to sign the players we want/need. I'm not that confident TBH, the signs aren't great, but people defend Congerton and his lack of dealings in the same manner they did with Di Fanti. Anyone having the slightest doubt over Cabral or Roberge were getting abuse because they didn't trust the great DOF and his knowledge of the game.

This - I do worry about congerton and the control he seemingly has over transfers. The two biggest problems this transfers window appear to be ridiculous deals for vergini and Alvarez - both are congerton signings and just appear shit in every sense.

We've been lucky to stay up for a few years but thus far have done sweet FA about it. Nothing to judge the club on apart from blind faith - which I don't have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back