I kinda like the way we are doing business at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

People get over excited by little things like keeping it quiet, Congerton giving an ok interview, Dick not saying much but looking confident etc. We need signings to improve the squad massively and by now we only got two defenders who would probably be on the bench at the start of the season.
Dick talking about "value for money" and Prehab saying our potential offer for Wijnaldum would have been worlds apart from PSV evaluation isn't necessarily a good thing, looks like we just test the waters trying to find a bargain instead of going all out to sign the players we want/need. I'm not that confident TBH, the signs aren't great, but people defend Congerton and his lack of dealings in the same manner they did with Di Fanti. Anyone having the slightest doubt over Cabral or Roberge were getting abuse because they didn't trust the great DOF and his knowledge of the game.

Spot on.

I can see where others are coming from i.e wait and see what happens, there's still time etc. but this is panning out exactly how I thought it would.

If truth be told my expectations are fairly low as the club have failed to deliver time and time again under Short's watch.

That said, this time next week we could have signed several quality players but it seems highly unlikely.

Players like Coates are not the answer. We need quality, not numbers. Matthews may well turn out to be a steal but looking from the outside in, I'll be very surprised if he is. A 23 year old international signed for £2m would suggest we had little or no competition for his signature.

Spot on.

I can see where others are coming from i.e wait and see what happens, there's still time etc. but this is panning out exactly how I thought it would.

If truth be told my expectations are fairly low as the club have failed to deliver time and time again under Short's watch.

That said, this time next week we could have signed several quality players but it seems highly unlikely.

Players like Coates are not the answer. We need quality, not numbers. Matthews may well turn out to be a steal but looking from the outside in, I'll be very surprised if he is. A 23 year old international signed for £2m would suggest we had little or no competition for his signature.

This - not sure what people are seeing that gives them confidence tbh, apart from blind faith.

We have a manager who I trust to organise a team to its potential. As proven by the last few seasons though that potential is fighting relegation!

We've signed next to nobody and had a succession of shit transfer windows..... What are people seeing that gives themn confidence?

Spot on.

I don't think the majority of the dealings this season will be much different from the recent past. Relatively humble signings on the whole. I'm happy enough with Coates as long as a better centre half also turns up, no idea about Matthews. I do have confidence we'll get a couple of useful signings in though, nothing spectacular, just decent solid buys.

This - I do worry about congerton and the control he seemingly has over transfers. The two biggest problems this transfers window appear to be ridiculous deals for vergini and Alvarez - both are congerton signings and just appear shit in every sense.

We've been lucky to stay up for a few years but thus far have done sweet FA about it. Nothing to judge the club on apart from blind faith - which I don't have.

I'm getting a bit sick of this slagging the club over Virgini.
Signing a player on loan ,with a agreed purchase price ,triggered by appearances ,is standard practice .
Virgini was a favourite of Poyets , made enough appearances under Poyet to trigger the clause.
Dick arrives doesn't rate Virgini but due to him making all those appearances under Poyet ,nothing can be done.
If I could be bothered going back over posts I would find plenty extolling the virtues of Virgini, quite a few on here thought he was a reasonable player.
He will either be sold or off loaded on loan.
Alvarez is a different matter all together, we will not know the truth of the matter until arbitration,probably not even then.

Bugger virgins on the brain
Virgini.blooby spellcheck .:oops:

Quit while I'm ahead ........bloody

One up who keeps changing my spelling of Vergini?

Bang........
Just shot me self ,it's easier than correcting mistakes and making others.

Last edited:
I don't think the majority of the dealings this season will be much different from the recent past. Relatively humble signings on the whole. I'm happy enough with Coates as long as a better centre half also turns up, no idea about Matthews. I do have confidence we'll get a couple of useful signings in though, nothing spectacular, just decent solid buys.

Or maybe a lazy bastard and a forward we wanted last year, along with an injury prone centre half and a good midfielder (on loan).

Keeping stuff quiet and not coming out saying we are openly interested in certain players only for others to hijack the deals.

Would like to think this is happening anyway

With the low grade, low cost signings we have made, I am not sure the logic stands up. Who else cares?

Spot on.

Agreed :cool:

I still find it weird that people couldn't see Congerton was an idiot. It was clear as day he was out of his depth. People getting excited by Celtic's second choice RB, FFS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back