Idea to prevent immigration

Status
Not open for further replies.

It doesn't because most immigrants to this country aren't coming in on the back of lorries from Calais. And most of them aren't coming from 'shitholes' either.
Of course they are man.

Eritrea, Somalia, Nigeria, Romania, Bulgaria, India, Pakistan, China, the list is endless.

None of these countries are as rich as we are per capita. Not bothered if you prove me wrong. We all know whay they come here.

Theme park mate. Whacky back to front taps, international cuisine (burgers and hot dogs) and the finest Italian marble effect plasterwork this side of Scunthorpe.
Immigrants can get in free but only if they can get past the fleet of burger vans patrolling the perimeter fence.

:D :D :D

I found out last night that his middle name is 'Hussein'. It was that 'Only Connect' programme.

Where've yay been like?

That nobhead Tony used to insist on always referring to him by all three names whenever he was going on one his Thatcher loving rants, as if it added some kind of gravitas to his pitifully flawed arguments.

Of course they are man.

Eritrea, Somalia, Nigeria, Romania, Bulgaria, India, Pakistan, China, the list is endless.

None of these countries are as rich as we are per capita. Not bothered if you prove me wrong. We all know whay they come here.

In order, the top 5 countries for work visas to the UK - by far the surest path to permanent settlement - in the most recent data set (January through March of this year) are India (#1 by some distance), Australia, the US, the Philippines, and Canada. The numbers of work visas for nationals of each of these countries are significantly greater than asylum applications from any country.

In order, the top 5 countries for work visas to the UK - by far the surest path to permanent settlement - in the most recent data set (January through March of this year) are India (#1 by some distance), Australia, the US, the Philippines, and Canada. The numbers of work visas for nationals of each of these countries are significantly greater than asylum applications from any country.
They will be because they all do it legally. We are talking about illegal not legal immigration.

Of course they are man.

:lol::lol:

They will be because they all do it legally. We are talking about illegal not legal immigration.
:lol:

So illegal immigrants should spend a year in a hostel to prove they really want to be here? then they can be here? Grand work.

The reason doctors and nurses come to this country from developing countries is not because we are 'stealing' them, but because the infrastructure and professional networks required for them to develop don't exist for them in their own countries. So what we could do is allow them here, train them not just in medical stuff but in building infrastructure and networks in their own countries too. Obviously that would require an increase in the overseas aid budget to support it. Can't see the UKIPers going for that one.

The other issue is that international capital requires the cheap local and itinerant labour that these countries have. The mineral resources that those countries have are also quite attractive to multinationals. If we build up these countries to be more economically and politically sophisticated then they start to get uppity and want a bit of self-determination, control of their own resources, and the locals start demanding luxuries like decent pay and conditions. The multinationals won't have any of that sort of nonsense, will they?

The reason doctors and nurses come to this country from developing countries is not because we are 'stealing' them, but because the infrastructure and professional networks required for them to develop don't exist for them in their own countries. So what we could do is allow them here, train them not just in medical stuff but in building infrastructure and networks in their own countries too. Obviously that would require an increase in the overseas aid budget to support it. Can't see the UKIPers going for that one.

The other issue is that international capital requires the cheap local and itinerant labour that these countries have. The mineral resources that those countries have are also quite attractive to multinationals. If we build up these countries to be more economically and politically sophisticated then they start to get uppity and want a bit of self-determination, control of their own resources, and the locals start demanding luxuries like decent pay and conditions. The multinationals won't have any of that sort of nonsense, will they?

I would guess that most of those people coming from India to be doctors don't have much desire to go back to smelly old Calcutta on a shit wage when they can enjoy the lifestyle that England/America can offer.

And I don't see why England should be sending aid money to India to build up said infrastructures when already they seem to have enough money for the more 'vital' needs of a space program and nuclear arsenal.

The easiest way to discourage legal and illegal immigration would be to automatically imprison people who employ illegal immigrants and pay both legals and illegals off the books.

The easiest way to discourage legal and illegal immigration would be to automatically imprison people who employ illegal immigrants and pay both legals and illegals off the books.
Been saying that for ages, same here anarl. Building a fence FFS.

If they let out the hordes who have been locked up for weed there'd be plenty of room for some real villains.
True, but they won't. There's nothing Americans like more than finding and harshly judging flaws in other people.

We're a tiny Island compared to other EU nations.

Immigrants are welcome from me as long as they have something to offer and don't prevent a British person from working.

I have no ill feeling towards any foreigner trying to earn a crust in this country because we would and have done the same. The onus falls on those in power to minimise the influx in order to protect the indigenous work force.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back