I'm no longer a teacher

Status
Not open for further replies.

So do you have any plans as to what you'll do or were you so hacked off you just had to leave? I have a relative who can't take much more and is looking to get out but needs to be able to go to something else.
No real plans. As of December 31st I'll officially be unemployed. I just needed to get out. Was doing my health no good.

Good luck.
Thanks.

14 for me. And I'm apathetic as fuck with the profession and the meddling Shite from that kernt gove. Well done on escaping and I hope whatever you end up doing makes you happy.
It can't make me less happy than I was. Keeping up the 2+ lessons was taking a toll as I got older. I'm only 48 next month but I reckon it's s young persons game these days.

Employers these days are squeezing every drop from their employees.

Paying them just enough to stop them leaving and squeezing every last drop of life out of them.

Well done for taking a bold step. Start buying and selling, just anything or something that you know about. Make a stress free living.

No real plans. As of December 31st I'll officially be unemployed. I just needed to get out. Was doing my health no good.

Thanks.

It can't make me less happy than I was. Keeping up the 2+ lessons was taking a toll as I got older. I'm only 48 next month but I reckon it's s young persons game these days.
Only a young persons game if they love technology. My partner isn't so keen on technology, and doesn't have a working whiteboard in her classroom. Unfortunately she's in a bit of a crap school, and the inspectors slated the school. One "positive" was that the kids were ready for a more engaging curriculum. In other words, more interactive stuff on the boards, and much less individual work time. Said they had a good outside are that was underused. Trouble is, a lot of the classes have the sort of children who'd disappear as soon as they were outside unless the teacher had at least two helpers to prevent run away kids.

It's sad that children can't seem to cope with sitting still and doing work on their own for more than 10 minutes, and doing less of that is encouraged by current governments.

Thanks.

Well good luck marra whichever route you choose.

It's sad that children can't seem to cope with sitting still and doing work on their own for more than 10 minutes, and doing less of that is encouraged by current governments.
The style of education popularised in recent years leaves most of them completely unprepared for FE when it comes along. Unfortunately the colleges have gone down the same route, which means they are heading off to university without a clue. Give it a few years and you will be able to get a degree from writing questions on lollipop sticks, playing speed dating and making posters. It's all an absolute load of bolocks.

Thanks.

Very sorry to hear that the profession is losing good people, but well done and good luck.

Only a young persons game if they love technology. My partner isn't so keen on technology, and doesn't have a working whiteboard in her classroom. Unfortunately she's in a bit of a crap school, and the inspectors slated the school. One "positive" was that the kids were ready for a more engaging curriculum. In other words, more interactive stuff on the boards, and much less individual work time. Said they had a good outside are that was underused. Trouble is, a lot of the classes have the sort of children who'd disappear as soon as they were outside unless the teacher had at least two helpers to prevent run away kids.

Gimmicky shite, IMO.

Start a supply business, mate. It is the way forward, and I'm not taking the piss.

Thanks.

Might be a stupid question, but what is that exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back