Went to see a band in Asia back in May

-Singapore?

- f***ing awful truth be told.

Went to Poland last week?

- to Krakow?

-No, went with the family

:lol::lol::lol:
I'm surrounded by indian art in my sitting room as i type this

does it then follow that if you listen to Michael Jackson you are a nonce?
You can only appreciate art that is ethical?
No Degas for you then?

even for you this is stupid in the extreme Clownshoe, keep laughing though

I loathe crusty smelly travellers going to Kerala and sitting in a drumming circle
I have no interest in the sprawling cities with dire poverty
I despise the middle class yoga tourist sitting in air conditioned studios to study bending while children starve outside, om shanti.
I do however realise that this is a sub continent with vast areas of great beauty so I'm not crossing it off my list but Bora Bora and Himalayas come first.

Stayed in home stays and met some great people, food was amazing, never got any Delhi belly. Just use that liquid hand sanitiser before eating and handling money and your fine. Id love to go back and see more.

How do you know how many other shitty hands have been on the food you're eating or do you pour your liquid hand sanitiser on that as well ?

Had one of the best holidays of my life in Goa about 10 years ago, I can highly recommend it and its cheap as fuck, just obviously don't go during the monsoon season.

My parents have been several times and they love it. Dad would desperately love to go back and take me and my bairns to see it, but I doubt that will happen now.

Thank fuck I live in the UK. Egypt (Cairo) is on a par with most of India mind - f***ing shithole. Excuse the pun please!

My parents have been several times and they love it. Dad would desperately love to go back and take me and my bairns to see it, but I doubt that will happen now.

I'd love to go back like, a lot of hippies went over there in the 60s and just never came back :lol: I'd really make the effort to go if you get the chance, the people and the scenery are lovely, its largely unspoiled (at least it was 10 years ago) and like I said before it doesn't cost the earth at all. Flights are mainly from Gatwick I think. We only went for 2 weeks but if I ever go again I'll go for at least a month.

How do you know how many other shitty hands have been on the food you're eating or do you pour your liquid hand sanitiser on that as well ?

You could ask the same about any McDonalds, kebab shop and burger van in this country. I watch 3/4 of the food i ate being cooked and helped out quite often.

Who cares man, get it down ya. Too many overly obsessed whith hygiene. Surprised some people have actually got an immune system the way they go on.

I'd love to go back like, a lot of hippies went over there in the 60s and just never came back :lol: I'd really make the effort to go if you get the chance, the people and the scenery are lovely, its largely unspoiled (at least it was 10 years ago) and like I said before it doesn't cost the earth at all. Flights are mainly from Gatwick I think. We only went for 2 weeks but if I ever go again I'll go for at least a month.

It was Candolim they were going to and they said it was quiet and unspoiled, and cheap to eat out. They were going for Jan and Feb to escape the British winters! They did flights from Newcastle to Gatwick, then Gatwick to Mumbai and an internal flight to Goa.

It was Candolim they were going to and they said it was quiet and unspoiled, and cheap to eat out. They were going for Jan and Feb to escape the British winters! They did flights from Newcastle to Gatwick, then Gatwick to Mumbai and an internal flight to Goa.

Aye we went there in the Feb direct from Gatwick and it was consistently 40 degrees:cool:

You could ask the same about any McDonalds, kebab shop and burger van in this country. I watch 3/4 of the food i ate being cooked and helped out quite often.

McDonald's and most other fast food restaurants usually receive very good food hygiene ratings.

It's ok (certainly a lot better than it's neighbour). You will see a lot of poverty though and some of the food can be a little suspect :lol:

Sadly - despite seeing some wonderful scenery - my lasting memory of the place was seeing a dead child on the side of the road as I was being taken back to the airport

Great place, but wouldnt target going in the monsoon (from Easter onwards until end of August).

Sights, smells, sounds - an assualt on the senses. Massive social problems but wonderful people. Outrageous wealth next to abject poverty but with a enormous zest for life. Horrific slums but amazing things to see.

Been lucky enough to spend a lot of time there since first going back in 1993 and its like no other place I've ever been. Wouldn't want to live there but its one of my favourite countries.

It's ok (certainly a lot better than it's neighbour). You will see a lot of poverty though and some of the food can be a little suspect :lol:

Sadly - despite seeing some wonderful scenery - my lasting memory of the place was seeing a dead child on the side of the road as I was being taken back to the airport

f***ing hell man, what had happened?

My mate who sent saw a severed head on some train tracks like.

McDonald's and most other fast food restaurants usually receive very good food hygiene ratings.
I can only speak from experience. I had some of the best food I ever eaten there and not ounce of bother. Home cooked, restaurant & street food. Not saying it's the hygienic gold standard for the world to follow but some of the comments on here based on pre conceived stereotypes are embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back