India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great place, but wouldnt target going in the monsoon (from Easter onwards until end of August).

Sights, smells, sounds - an assualt on the senses. Massive social problems but wonderful people. Outrageous wealth next to abject poverty but with a enormous zest for life. Horrific slums but amazing things to see.

Been lucky enough to spend a lot of time there since first going back in 1993 and its like no other place I've ever been. Wouldn't want to live there but its one of my favourite countries.
Where in India does the monsoon start at Easter.

I can only speak from experience. I had some of the best food I ever eaten there and not ounce of bother. Home cooked, restaurant & street food. Not saying it's the hygienic gold standard for the world to follow but some of the comments on here based on pre conceived stereotypes are embarrassing.

No matter where I go on holiday I'll be pebble dashing the toilet for the first few days, probably a mixture of stress and a delicate constitution.

No matter where I go on holiday I'll be pebble dashing the toilet for the first few days, probably a mixture of stress and a delicate constitution.
I was panicking before I went. No idea what type of toilets I was going to find, packed boxes of diarrhoea tablets and loo paper. We avoided the major cities and stuck to Kerala which is known for being a more educated and higher equality. Met a Swiss guy who had just come from Delhi and he said the stress make him start smoking again.

Where in India does the monsoon start at Easter.

The earliest it starts in beginning of June in Kerala. It then takes a month to make it's way up across the rest of the country.

f***ing hell man, what had happened?

My mate who sent saw a severed head on some train tracks like.

The taxi driver just said the child was probably homeless and died through illness during the night. Horrible sight though

I was panicking before I went. No idea what type of toilets I was going to find, packed boxes of diarrhoea tablets and loo paper. We avoided the major cities and stuck to Kerala which is known for being a more educated and higher equality. Met a Swiss guy who had just come from Delhi and he said the stress make him start smoking again.

The few people who I know who have been say they prefer the water gun thing they use instead of toilet roll.

Dirty hot, crowded and smelly. Squat over a hole in the ground for days on end and have countless passers by try to sell you their sister, brother, artificial leg, dead dog and various plastic thingies.

The heart soars at the very thought.

I had no idea you could fly there so cheaply. Less than £400 return to Delhi/Mumbai if you go around Easter time next year. Dirt cheap when you get there an'all.

It's not somewhere I've ever thought of visiting really - has anyone been? My mate says you have to go for 2 and half/3 weeks minimum because you'll probably spend four or five of those days being sick and shitting yourself.

Was in Pune last week ,frikken humidity had me sack like a turkeys neck.

Great country , always enjoy flying in there.

Dirty hot, crowded and smelly. Squat over a hole in the ground for days on end and have countless passers by try to sell you their sister, brother, artificial leg, dead dog and various plastic thingies.

The heart soars at the very thought.
:lol:

Fuck me, that empire won't be coming back anyone soon. You sound like our lass's mam.

"Jim, I've just touched a handle. Antibacterial hand gel NOW!!"

This , first night I was in Bangalore out for a walk I had to step over a dead body under a blanket . I would love to go to veranasi and rishikesh (sp) on the upper ganges
I've been to Varanasi. That's an experience like. Went on a boat that nearly sank cos there was so many people doing some religious crackpottery. The smell of roast pork filling the nostrils. :lol:

Saw the aftermath of a cow being knocked over. Thought the poor driver was gonna be lynched.

when we were there we saw at least 5 or 6 overturned trucks, when I asked the guide what that was about he said the roads are very bad and the truck drivers are usually pissed out of their heads and take opium to stay awake at night:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back