Insects in house

Status
Not open for further replies.
They seem to be right at ground level, could water be getting in?
Could just be bad airflow, causing damp conditions to the sub floor. Check the air bricks for blockages. You will surprised the amount of left over building materials new builds have under the floor boards

Wood lice thrive in damp cold conditions

If it's SR6 then I could understand - Damp squibs cause it

Seriously though I think it's dark/sheltered/damp and warmth they love - I built a sandbox for kids in garden and thought I was doing the right thing by making a lid for it ---- bad move , the sand box was wick with earwigs and louse within 24 hours of making it

when i left lid off sandbox(sandpit) no creepy crawlies

mainly damp/warm/dark/shelterd /Murton - under a damp carpet in summer is where you find louse ...as well as @Barnacle Boy
Cheers for the advice, getting sick of the little twats now. Can't understand how I would have damp

Could just be bad airflow, causing damp conditions to the sub floor. Check the air bricks for blockages. You will surprised the amount of left over building materials new builds have under the floor boards

Wood lice thrive in damp cold conditions
Cheers mate I'll check them tommorow

When I was a kid I used to call them woodhouses
I rest my case

Cheers for the advice, getting sick of the little twats now. Can't understand how I would have damp
I think they like dark and safe, not just damp - put it this way If i see one they get stamped on, so they may have clicked on by now. They must like moisture though (we all like a sup) just lift up a bit of crazy paving(showing my age now)

Next poll is about crazy paving you rats

Last edited by a moderator:
Your air bricks are at ground level, that doesn't sound right. Your damp course should run to about your second course of bricks I think!

I can ask my brother tomorrow, he knows all about this stuff.

Backward?
No - like you're are attempting to groom me or summit - can't quite put me finger on it - deffo summit there though

Your air bricks are at ground level, that doesn't sound right. Your damp course should run to about your second course of bricks I think!

Google build regs on damproof should give you the gist

No - like you're are attempting to groom me or summit - can't quite put me finger on it - deffo summit there though

Google build regs on damproof should give you the gist
You should be telling the OP that not me, my house has been built correctly. I'll ask my brother tomorrow anyway for peace of mind.

Damp course has to be 150mm above ground level and air bricks should be at least 75mm above ground.

Source? Part one RIBA qualified architect

Damp course has to be 150mm above ground level and air bricks should be at least 75mm above ground.

Source? Part one RIBA qualified architect
Yeah I saw your post and was just kind of backing up what you said really, just without the dimensions thrown in.

Regardless of damp or not, in his new build if the air bricks are at ground level he needs them sorted ASAP surely? (He did say they were and I haven't just made that part up have I)...

Yeah I saw your post and was just kind of backing up what you said really, just without the dimensions thrown in.

Regardless of damp or not, in his new build if the air bricks are at ground level he needs them sorted ASAP surely? (He did say they were and I haven't just made that part up have I)...
I would never buy a new build, corners cut every where in my experience.

I would never buy a new build, corners cut every where in my experience.
I agree, rented a couple in the past and even one where they had built a f***ing toilet, yes an actual functioning toilet in the living room!! Only a couple of feet from the kitchen.

Handy if you needed a shit and you had a pan on or your favourite program was on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back