Interstellar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched this last night, what a film!

My brain is a bit sore this morning but it's good to see such a big blockbuster film that requires a good deal of thought and intelligence to understand what's actually going on.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, a brief synopsis:

Set a few decades in the future, earth is dying, food is shit and everything's a bit dusty. Matthew Mcconaughey inadvertently (perhaps) gets himself caught up saving the world by trying to find another planet we can live on.

Millions of turns and twists along the way but if you haven't already seen it I'd recommend anyone giving it a watch. Stunning visuals and fantastic characters (Matt Damon's surprise appearance a bonus). £13 on DVD at Tesco or £10 on Blu-Ray (bargain!).

One of the few films I'd watch again straight away, just to enjoy the ride.

5/5 from Mux.

THOR

Reactions: mux

I really enjoyed it. A few holes in the science but that's almost incidental once the film gets going. Great effects and one of the few sci-fi films to have robots that aren't annoying as fuck

The special effects are tremendous. I wish I'd watched it in a cinema in hindsight

I really enjoyed it. A few holes in the science but that's almost incidental once the film gets going. Great effects and one of the few sci-fi films to have robots that aren't annoying as fuck

The special effects are tremendous. I wish I'd watched it in a cinema in hindsight
I must admit I laughed when I first saw how they moved :D

Give one of the most advanced pieces of machinery on the planet the ability only to walk like a leper on crutches.

I must admit I laughed when I first saw how they moved :D

Give one of the most advanced pieces of machinery on the planet the ability only to walk like a leper on crutches.

But perfectly designed to move about in a space ship though

My brain is a bit sore this morning but it's good to see such a big blockbuster film that requires a good deal of thought and intelligence to understand what's actually going on.

Set a few decades in the future, earth is dying, food is shit and everything's a bit dusty. Matthew Mcconaughey inadvertently (perhaps) gets himself caught up saving the world by trying to find another planet we can live on.

Millions of turns and twists along the way but if you haven't already seen it I'd recommend anyone giving it a watch. Stunning visuals and fantastic characters (Matt Damon's surprise appearance a bonus). £13 on DVD at Tesco or £10 on Blu-Ray (bargain!).

5/5 from Mux.

Best film I've seen in ages, mind blowing

100% agree.

In fact the relationships between the characters was one of the best things about the film. Quite an emotional rollercoaster at times as well as a visual one. It's not often that is achieved with big budget films that often go for visuals over plotline and character quality, this one has the lot.

@ProfessionalMackem ???
:lol:
It's a filum mate. Matt damons iirc

I watched it in Imax at Waterloo - absolutely astonishing and the soundtrack takes your head off

What are you on about? It will never catch on.

5/5 from Mux.

It's choss.

Topics like empathy beyond our line of sight bring the migrant crisis into focus anarl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back