Interstellar

Status
Not open for further replies.

It was OK but very predictable. I knew exactly what Matt Damon's character was going to do the moment he woke up.
I'm sure at one point they said "the atmosphere is 90% Nitrogen now" ! And they are still breathing ?

Fabulous film. Almost more of a father/daughter film than a sci fi one. Just how far would you go and what sacrifices would you make too see your daughter one more time and keep a promise?

Tear jerker at the end.

One of the best sci fi films ever made.
I've got a daughter who is just coming up to her 3rd birthday and she lives in Sunderland. I cried like a baby throughout the film.

Really? I've got that ready to watch, if it beats Interstellar I'll be happy.
I found Gravity very boring most of the time. Interstellar was fantastic.

Reactions: JJH
i watched interstellar at the imax at the metro. Was very impressed by the whole thing and the music for me adds so much to the film.

Hans Zimmer is a fantastic composer and his score on all three of the batman films is tremendous.

In fact going to get this on blu ray tonite.

Watched this last night, what a film!

My brain is a bit sore this morning but it's good to see such a big blockbuster film that requires a good deal of thought and intelligence to understand what's actually going on.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, a brief synopsis:

Set a few decades in the future, earth is dying, food is shit and everything's a bit dusty. Matthew Mcconaughey inadvertently (perhaps) gets himself caught up saving the world by trying to find another planet we can live on.

Millions of turns and twists along the way but if you haven't already seen it I'd recommend anyone giving it a watch. Stunning visuals and fantastic characters (Matt Damon's surprise appearance a bonus). £13 on DVD at Tesco or £10 on Blu-Ray (bargain!).

One of the few films I'd watch again straight away, just to enjoy the ride.

5/5 from Mux.

Disagree as they clearly and needlessly explain what's happening at every given moment. I agree the plot is complicated but the endless running commentary from Anne (wad til she was mince) Hathaway distracted from my enjoyment and I would rather just rewatch it if I didn't get it first time, then have the plot explained to me like a child by her

Got a very solid 9/10 from me. Would have been lower but just had a daughter and it exploited my feelings

Is it about a bloke who git loves cans of lager

This spoilt it for me.
If all the grain is dying & there's no food, surely there wouldn't be cans of lager (or it'd be mega expensive, that they wouldn't be able to afford)
It'd be more believable if they were drinking some form of homebrew instead

This spoilt it for me.
If all the grain is dying & there's no food, surely there wouldn't be cans of lager (or it'd be mega expensive, that they wouldn't be able to afford)
I don't think most American lagers have got much to do with actual plants.

I must admit I laughed when I first saw how they moved :D

Give one of the most advanced pieces of machinery on the planet the ability only to walk like a leper on crutches.

Yeah... when the the robot first appears it's like "err.... what THE FUCK... is that??"

Cut to half an hour later....

...it's in the sea & turned itself into a very fast spinning star thing rescuing the stricken Anne Hathaway

Reactions: mux
Fabulous film. Almost more of a father/daughter film than a sci fi one. Just how far would you go and what sacrifices would you make too see your daughter one more time and keep a promise?

Tear jerker at the end.

One of the best sci fi films ever made.

The bit where his daughter ages and is angry with him was tough. Reminds me of the half a dozen years my own daughter essentially ignored me after my divorce from her mother, thankfully we are back on good terms and I didn't have to go whizzing through time or whatever the hero blokie had to do in the film. Tough few minutes in the middle of the film though

This spoilt it for me.
does it actually involve beer? Never seen it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back