Is feminism sexist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feminism is a global issue that we here in the privileged UK can relax on relatively.

I like the Quaker view that until all of us are free we are all slaves. Until women have the same freedoms that men do feminism is a good thing. It is an issue for men also which is why it is good for men in the public eye to wear these t-shirts.

Men need to join this movement to ensure it is successful. It is a movement against domestic violence, rape etc crimes which typically find the victim is female.

Feminism is a global issue that we here in the privileged UK can relax on relatively.

I like the Quaker view that until all of us are free we are all slaves. Until women have the same freedoms that men do feminism is a good thing. It is an issue for men also which is why it is good for men in the public eye to wear these t-shirts.

Men need to join this movement to ensure it is successful. It is a movement against domestic violence, rape etc crimes which typically find the victim is female.

but women have more rights than men, they can even come in the bar of our club now and I can't even join a women only gym, indeed I cant even go in my gym during the women only hours, and do I get a refund? Do I buggery!! And don't even get me started on Sheila's Wheels, if its all based on stats why don't women pay more national insurance due to living longer and retiring earlier? It just seems all so skewed, is there a male equivalent of feminism? I'd honestly join if I knew what it was called.

but women have more rights than men, they can even come in the bar of our club now and I can't even join a women only gym, indeed I cant even go in my gym during the women only hours, and do I get a refund? Do I buggery!! And don't even get me started on Sheila's Wheels, if its all based on stats why don't women pay more national insurance due to living longer and retiring earlier? It just seems all so skewed, is there a male equivalent of feminism? I'd honestly join if I knew what it was called.

my heart bleeds for you

It's called life and you're already in it.

why even seperate the two sexes? everyone should be equal, its like a tshirt saying girl power or white power or something.
You haven't answered the question. Why is a tshirt saying "this is what a feminist looks like" anti-male?

Yes, everyone should be equal. No argument. This is part of a campaign to promote feminism - equality. Being pro feminism doesn't mean being anti-male.

To be born a white, able-bodied, heterosexual male in a prosperous country like ours is to have won the lottery of life. No amount of your incessant whining is going to change that. How is it that I recognise how incredibly fortunate and lucky I am to be born that way (not saying it's better by the way, but society skews the odds in my favour because of the circumstances of my birth) but you can't see that?

You keep complaining about women's only gyms. Real issues like male sense of entitlement to the female body are just trivial things, aren't they?

You haven't answered the question. Why is a tshirt saying "this is what a feminist looks like" anti-male?

Yes, everyone should be equal. No argument. This is part of a campaign to promote feminism - equality. Being pro feminism doesn't mean being anti-male.

it seems that way to me, wheres the tshirts promoting my rights to attend my gym in women only hours? Or my rights to get equal treatment when it comes to car insurance for instance. I know its only a little thing but its the little things that matter sometimes, just seems slightly sexist to me.

I'll live Cat, I just don't see it as fair tis all, and I think Cameron maybe agrees.

you think it is fair that girls are raped and sold off as chattel in other countries?
You think the domestic violence figures in this country are fair for women?

As a man you are comfortable in not protecting those more vulnerable than you?

ok.

To be born a white, able-bodied, heterosexual male in a prosperous country like ours is to have won the lottery of life. No amount of your incessant whining is going to change that. How is it that I recognise how incredibly fortunate and lucky I am to be born that way (not saying it's better by the way, but society skews the odds in my favour because of the circumstances of my birth) but you can't see that?

You keep complaining about women's only gyms. Real issues like male sense of entitlement to the female body are just trivial things, aren't they?

is that a rhetorical question or not.

it seems that way to me, wheres the tshirts promoting my rights to attend my gym in women only hours? Or my rights to get equal treatment when it comes to car insurance for instance. I know its only a little thing but its the little things that matter sometimes, just seems slightly sexist to me.

Because your traditional position of absolute dominance is being challenged and it frightens you.

Just f***ing get over it.

you think it is fair that girls are raped and sold off as chattel in other countries?
You think the domestic violence figures in this country are fair for women?

As a man you are comfortable in not protecting those more vulnerable than you?

ok.

men are vulnerable too, its a little known fact that nearly half of all victims of domestic violence are males.

Because your traditional position of absolute dominance is being challenged and it frightens you.

Just f***ing get over it.

its gone too far the other way IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back