Is this the worst part of our Club History right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just behind the Newcastle United are not as good as Manchester United one!

We should be worried about our own back yard and the future.

Oh sorry I forgot.

Everything's alright coz we out sang Hull!

seams to be a lot of proof that this period of our history is just another prolonged lowlight

shouldn't have brought it up really!
It's actully the most prolonged bit of relative success in most of our lifetimes.

I could name 20 big to decent size clubs who would f***ing kill for what we have.

The longest consecutive period of top flight football we've managed since the 50s? Aye much worse than our plight to the 3rd division, or when we finished a season with 15 points to beat our own worst points total record of 19 points...

Just behind the Newcastle United are not as good as Manchester United one!

We should be worried about our own back yard and the future.

Oh sorry I forgot.

Everything's alright coz we out sang Hull!
Nobody is saying everything is alright but to say it's the worst period in our history is fuckwittery of the highest order

Barnsley a few weeks earlier ran it close mind. 2-0 up then lost 3-2 to put us in playoffs!
Enjoyed the following season mind.
Proctor missed a penna too if I remember rightly. Shit times but, oddly, much more enjoyable. Think that's just because the premier league and Sky have dragged all the joy out of it.

The OP is obviously an amnesiac or under 8 years old if this the worst he's ever seen involving the club.

The 02/03 end was the worst for me. We'd gone from being top of the league at Christmas to rock bottom in two years.

We had spent all our money, the glory days of the SOL opening and Peter Reid were over, Quinny was about to retire. We'd been relegated.

So yes, this season has been poor, but as for the worst, no where near.

Had some dreadful results recently against really poor teams and the best we have managed is draws with West Brom and Hull.

The Adam Johnson affair should not be underestimated, Innocent or guilty it will have an effect on the players and probably the results.

Then Poyets episode on the touchline followed by the amazing statement that he can see the game better from the stands. Terrible really

This surely all points to the Championship next year.

Perhaps the great escape was the lucky escape but I can't see luck coming into this season.

We are basically in the same position O'Neil left us in.

A few wins against the Mags, a strangely likeable madman passing through our club and a once in thirty year trip to Wembley our only talking points.

Fcuk I just wish we could move on.
Its the most sustained successful period in my life

Where do people like the op come from? We're they born 7 years ago or just absolute bedwetters?

Boy, you are a goon... if you think this is bad, you haven't got a clue. Try 0-2 at home to Chester in front of 12, ooo in the 3rd Tier or getting beat by Plymouth(?) in front of 8,000 at RP.

You don't know the meaning of the word dreadful in relation to following SAFC kidda, I am guessing you are 24 or under...

Grow a pair and man up, ffs!
0-2 to Chester wasn't that bad, Marcos debut as I recall. Otherwise I'd agree!

The OP is obviously an amnesiac or under 8 years old if this the worst he's ever seen involving the club.

Where do people like the op come from? We're they born 7 years ago or just absolute bedwetters?

What does it matter how old the OP is? As I may have said, the issue of whether this is one of the worst periods of the clubs history is subjective...or whatever the convoluted scientific term is. What I mean it all alters dependent on the individual's level of experience. I was not a fan much before 1995 but that does not mean I have never seen bad times. You can see bad times no matter how old you are and how long you have been supporting a team.

I've gotten it all wrong.

We are in great shape.

Still a hotbed of football.

We sing the loudest in the land.

Apart from the 10,000 that leave early.

Time to order a second trophy cabinet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back