Is this the worst part of our Club History right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had some dreadful results recently against really poor teams and the best we have managed is draws with West Brom and Hull.

The Adam Johnson affair should not be underestimated, Innocent or guilty it will have an effect on the players and probably the results.

Then Poyets episode on the touchline followed by the amazing statement that he can see the game better from the stands. Terrible really

This surely all points to the Championship next year.

Perhaps the great escape was the lucky escape but I can't see luck coming into this season.

We are basically in the same position O'Neil left us in.

A few wins against the Mags, a strangely likeable madman passing through our club and a once in thirty year trip to Wembley our only talking points.

Fcuk I just wish we could move on.

Can I just ask how old you are?

I've gotten it all wrong.

We are in great shape.

Still a hotbed of football.

We sing the loudest in the land.

Apart from the 10,000 that leave early.

Time to order a second trophy cabinet.
So in your limited mind we have to be amazing or amazingly shit?

Can I just ask how old you are?
He might not be able to answer depending on when next lesson starts.

I've seen some shite posted on here but the op tops the lot. Clearly wasn't at Roker park against gillingham in 87 or at notts county in 93.

That explains it, dementia set in.
With regard to Johnson we don't know the full story yet.

living in hope keep living in hope

if you are in your early twenties you might get to see us win a few promotions

but hey, we'll out sing Notts county, Scunthorpe and Morcambe along the way

Had some dreadful results recently against really poor teams and the best we have managed is draws with West Brom and Hull.

The Adam Johnson affair should not be underestimated, Innocent or guilty it will have an effect on the players and probably the results.

Then Poyets episode on the touchline followed by the amazing statement that he can see the game better from the stands. Terrible really

Perhaps the great escape was the lucky escape but I can't see luck coming into this season.

A few wins against the Mags, a strangely likeable madman passing through our club and a once in thirty year trip to Wembley our only talking points.

I'm 19 years old and the worst I've seen us finish in my living memory is 3rd in the second tier. I'd say I've had a pretty easy ride thus far compared to most of our support.

Therefore well done, you've just asked possibly the most stupid question I've ever seen asked on the SMB.

I'm 19 years old and the worst I've seen us finish in my living memory is 3rd in the second tier. I'd say I've had a pretty easy ride thus far compared to most of our support.

Therefore well done, you've just asked possibly the most stupid question I've ever seen asked on the SMB.
Morning marra

Lol m8

You're not very old are you? Even if your history started in the Reid era it comes nowhere close to being the worst period

This is the most disillusioned I have been with the club, I am only 23 though. However I remember the 19 and 15 points seasons and I can remember obviously being devastated but at the same time it wasn't a surprise to see us struggling so badly and our Chairman at the time didn't have a lot of money. For us to be struggling so badly for 7 out of the last 8 seasons is something I cannot get my head around though and I am starting to wonder if this is really all I have to look forward to for the rest of my life supporting the club I love - annual relegation worries and years in the Championship - and it is truly depressing.

In fact we have had relegation worries in every season since promotion. The two years that come to mind when we seemed to be doing okay (2009/10 and 2010/11) we went on disgusting runs mid-season that had us looking over our shoulders at the bottom three, pathetic really.

Thats the spirit m8. Just wait till youve had another 30 odd years at it. Try to keep your sense of humour and enjoy the f--k out of the good bits. I' m chuckling away here thinking that I' m going to be inflicting the joys of SAFC on my first granson in a few years.

Thats the spirit m8. Just wait till youve had another 30 odd years at it. Try to keep your sense of humour and enjoy the f--k out of the good bits. I' m chuckling away here thinking that I' m going to be inflicting the joys of SAFC on my first granson in a few years.
This
Already got my 2 step grandchildren ( if there such a thing )

Sunderland fans there 2 & 6 in smoggy heartland as well they not been to a match yet

My nephew & neice love gan to the match already :lol:

There 5 & 7 but after every game they say when's the next one they can gan to
They've only been to 2 :eek:

Just behind the Newcastle United are not as good as Manchester United one!

We should be worried about our own back yard and the future.

Oh sorry I forgot.

Everything's alright coz we out sang Hull!

Its a positive m8.

This
Already got my 2 step grandchildren ( if there such a thing )

Sunderland fans there 2 & 6 in smoggy heartland as well they not been to a match yet

My nephew & neice love gan to the match already :lol:

There 5 & 7 but after every game they say when's the next one they can gan to
They've only been to 2 :eek:

He's only 11 month, born at the start of the Great Escape. Get wrong off his mam for singing SAFC songs with his nursery rhymes. Seems unfair as I leave out the swear words.

Last edited:
Its a positive m8.

He's only 11 month, born at the start of the Great Escape. Get wrong off his mam for singing SAFC songs with his nursery rhymes. Seems unfair as I leave out the swear words.
Best part was

There grandad took my nephew to the boro match on Boxing Day

My nephew fell asleep before half time :lol:

Age doesn't make it better, the years of failure can grind you to the realisation that things are not going to change for the better. It was the Drumaville take over that encouraged me to keep going after the dreadful 15 point season, I still thought that things would get better. I soon realised that the money was being squandered and said so. For me, it's worse now because we have a group of owners in the game whose aim is the make the clubs profitable and rake off the cash. Nothing wrong with that but in the meantime they are ripping off the fans by the use of a substandard product for the level they are at. I gave up almost two years ago, I have other things to do without the frustration and aggravation that sub standard football brings. I am the happiest man on here by a long way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back