Isis Restaurant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good time for someone to open The Dun Cow as a proper pub
Fill the slot that The Isis used to occupy
Close proximity to the new town square as well

Reactions: D.A
The Museum Vaults will be over the moon, this food lark will put plenty drinkers off The Isis
Very surprised as i thought The Isis set out to be a 'proper, traditional pub'
Why would serving food in a pub put drinkers off? The way I see it, most people wanting to eat will go upstairs away from the drinkers downstairs?

I will try it at some point but I would much prefer it had stayed as a proper boozer.
Food = Money

And boozers can't rely on drink trade unless they're rammed every night, and the Isis is far from rammed every night in my experience.

Why would serving food in a pub put drinkers off? The way I see it, most people wanting to eat will go upstairs away from the drinkers downstairs?

Food = Money

And boozers can't rely on drink trade unless they're rammed every night, and the Isis is far from rammed every night in my experience.

Yeah. Obvious why they have done it and I'm not a regular myself. Been in a few time when there has only been a handful of people in.

I liked the fact that it did not smell of food
It was just a boozer, a plain and simple boozer
No kids, no food, no big TV, no shite music
That was the appeal for a lot of the people who got in there
I understand that food is profitable but from a purely selfish point of view it has lost something

We will see, as you say downstairs might survive as it was

Food = Money

Except that the food is cheaper downstairs. Two quid off the burger, for example, although the one served in the bar has fewer extras thrown in.

has just opened. havent seen much in way of advertising like, but i heard the steaks are lush. 40 seater room upstairs for the time being.

also doing bar food downstairs by the sounds of it.

anyone planning on going?
good way to destroy a decent pub.

I liked the fact that it did not smell of food
It was just a boozer, a plain and simple boozer
No kids, no food, no big TV, no shite music
That was the appeal for a lot of the people who got in there
I understand that food is profitable but from a purely selfish point of view it has lost something

We will see, as you say downstairs might survive as it was
I sort of see it as one of these country type pubs I like. Serve food and decent drink, yet because it's the type of boozer it is won't attract the load mouth, let your bairns run riot type of families that some boozers do.

Good food and good drink should come hand in hand IMO, and in decent surroundings.

agree that the food should be kept upstairs like. if it were like that, i cant see how it could spoil the 'proper boozer' downstairs. i dont like it when your having a few with your mates and theres a couple sat next to you pouching proper cooked food. should be pork scratchings and pickled eggs only in the bar. not sure what the crack will be like, but i imagine if people are asking for food, but dont want to sit in a restuarant atmosphere, then they might be tempted to serve them downstairs.

good move with the upstairs though IMO. its a class room, and totally under used

I sort of see it as one of these country type pubs I like. Serve food and decent drink, yet because it's the type of boozer it is won't attract the load mouth, let your bairns run riot type of families that some boozers do.

Good food and good drink should come hand in hand IMO, and in decent surroundings.

Serving food downstairs will definitely take part of the isis charm away sadly. Especially when it is busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back