Israeli on Sky News

Status
Not open for further replies.

And you take issue with resistance to this?
Not particularly. What I have said on here is that the reality is that until Hamas stops this resistance then it will continue until bit by bit Gaza is obliterated as an enclave of Palestine and the Israelis take it over and it becomes part of Israel. It seems to me to be an inevitable conclusion. All you and I are doing is living through a journey that will inevitably happen. We wont see an end to this.

No irony intended?
Not really. The whole of middle east is hostile to Israel. Iran has called for its destruction, there have been wars with several of its close neighbours and even in the West I wonder at times about how many friends Israel has.

Is the world taking notice now? If so what good has it done the Palestinian cause over the last 70 years?

Yes they are, read the papers, look at the news. 70 years ago we didn't have social media and availability of news 24/7. Add to that the changing demographic of nations. There will be outrage and if history has taught us anything is that the vast majority of people will not stand by and just let this happen.

Not particularly. What I have said on here is that the reality is that until Hamas stops this resistance then it will continue until bit by bit Gaza is obliterated as an enclave of Palestine and the Israelis take it over and it becomes part of Israel. It seems to me to be an inevitable conclusion. All you and I are doing is living through a journey that will inevitably happen. We wont see an end to this.
Where will the Palestinians go

You would have been at the airport cheering when chamberlain returned with his piece of paper wouldn't you ?
Everyone just needs a little leben raum
why do you make sweeping generalisations? I never said that. If you want to know my views on Chamberlain and his bit of paper or anyone else's views on it start another thread.

Yes they are, read the papers, look at the news. 70 years ago we didn't have social media and availability of news 24/7. Add to that the changing demographic of nations. There will be outrage and if history has taught us anything is that the vast majority of people will not stand by and just let this happen.
Nothing will happen. Today's news is tomorrow's chip paper wrappers (health and safety permitting!).

Where will the Palestinians go
No idea. Ask them. Most of them will likely be dead.

Not really. The whole of middle east is hostile to Israel. Iran has called for its destruction, there have been wars with several of its close neighbours and even in the West I wonder at times about how many friends Israel has.
Post-Holocaust guilt will only last so long.

Does Israel have a right to be consistently backed regardless of it's actions?

Post-Holocaust guilt will only last so long.

Does Israel have a right to be consistently backed regardless of it's actions?
Clearly not. You cannot act with impunity and get away with it - however they have been allowed to get away with it so far.

Where does this callousness come from? Seriously.
I'm not being callous, I'm being realistic. I see it from both sides and I dont like anything about this situation at all. however as said earlier on this thread I'm pragmatic and realistic enough to know what the craic is and Israel giving up land does not, to me, to be part of the craic. If Hamas does not stop antagonising Israel then there is an inevitable conclusion, the obliteration of Gaza, not Israel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back