Italia 90

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 361

Just watching a few highlights , I must have been 11 at the time and I remember lapping up every single minute of it. With the mini Italia 90 football s at school, the coverage on TV and of course Nessun Dorma, was it really that special and was international football more important back then ?

The England team were better back then so everyone was supporting them. Now they are average and people lose interest. Just like if a team gets relegated, the crowds drop by 50%.

The England team were better back then so everyone was supporting them. Now they are average and people lose interest. Just like if a team gets relegated, the crowds drop by 50%.
That England team & venables euro 96 team were superb to watch at times

I enjoyed Euro 96 a lot more than Italia 90, the whole country seemed to behind the team and there was a great atmosphere all around during that summer.

Special summer that was. Was convinced we were gonna win the thing after the Cameroon game.

I absolutely loved Italia 90. It was the first World Cup I ever watched and I remember going to bed in tears after Germany knocked us out, I was gutted. Everyone knew who would be playing in the England team back in those days, it seemed like every position was cemented as their own unless they were injured/suspended. Not like these days when just about any half decent English player is given a cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back