Jack Cork

Status
Not open for further replies.
No!
Just if Jack cork is as good as everyone on here is banging on about then surely these top 7/8 sides will be looking at him. My point is they're not looking at him so he cant be all that!
He would improve us but not teams better than us. It really isn't that difficult to understand.

I think he's a good player and he would improve our first team, if he is in the last year of his contract then he should be available for a decent price. Would be happy if we were interested

In a similar mould to Rodwell; a link up CM, Jack Cork is entering the last year of his contract at the 'sinking ship' that is Southampton. He is also wanting out, along with many others and is another one of the young Chelsea prospects that Congerton looked after in his time at Stamford Bridge.

Congerton must have had a part to play in the van Aanholt deal and probably with the Atsu interest too, so the pattern may ring true once more.

In truth I would rather have an injury free Rodwell, but would we get (or want) JR on a permanent deal?
Would Jack Cork be a safer bet? There is a risk factor with Rodwell and he'll be rusty.

Cork had a great season last year and if the rumours are true that the likes of Palace, Swansea & West Brom are looking at him, I think we should consider a move for him to play alongside/in front of Cattermole.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...hamptons-transfer-exodus-crisis-point-3934341

Even with all of the departures Southampton still have a decent side and plenty of money for replacements. Clyne played just as many games as chambers at rb last season if not more. Wanyama and cork are solid and ward prowse will get more game time and will develop into a great player IMO. Gaston Ramirez has a chance to shine in lallanas absence while if Rodriguez stays he will be a massive player for them. Didn't he score more than lambert last season? If they sign Forster, van dijk and a few others they have been linked with I wouldn't call it a sinking ship. Plus If Schniederlin is sold then theres no chance of cork leaving. They won't reach the heights of last season but I would still expect a Solid mid table finish from that group of players. Not bad considering the talent they have lost. Best academy in the country so more players will no doubt come through to fill any gaps

No!
Just if Jack cork is as good as everyone on here is banging on about then surely these top 7/8 sides will be looking at him. My point is they're not looking at him so he cant be all that!

So we should only sign players that top 7 clubs are interested in? Maybe before making a bid for players, we should call up every top team and ask them if they want to make a bid as well. We don't want to be signing players who are anything less than Europa League quality, after all.

He would improve us but not teams better than us. It really isn't that difficult to understand.
I understand.
What I don't understand is people banging on about him being the next big thing, well he's not otherwise xyz would have bid for him.
Plus I dont think he's an improvement on what we currently have, just people think he plays for Southampton therefore must be class!

So we should only sign players that top 7 clubs are interested in? Maybe before making a bid for players, we should call up every top team and ask them if they want to make a bid as well. We don't want to be signing players who are anything less than Europa League quality, after all.

Jesus Christ, can people not read!

People are talking about cork as if he's some midfield messi, so my counter argument was that he can't be that good if none of the top teams are interested! Not once did I say lets only buy players that top 7 are interested in!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus Christ, can people not read!

People are talking about cork as if he's some midfield messi, so my counter argument was that he can't be that good if none of the top teams are interested! Not once did I say lets only buy players that top 7 are interested in!

Are they? :lol:

He's a good player, he'd improve a team like us. The gap between the top 7 and everyone else is pretty big these days, so a good signing for a bottom half team might still be nowhere near good enough to play for Spurs, for example

I think he's a decent player but this board goes way over the top about him based mainly on his performance against us. Similar opinions were held about Greg Halford before he signed for us.....

In a similar mould to Rodwell; a link up CM, Jack Cork is entering the last year of his contract at the 'sinking ship' that is Southampton. He is also wanting out, along with many others and is another one of the young Chelsea prospects that Congerton looked after in his time at Stamford Bridge.

Congerton must have had a part to play in the van Aanholt deal and probably with the Atsu interest too, so the pattern may ring true once more.

In truth I would rather have an injury free Rodwell, but would we get (or want) JR on a permanent deal?
Would Jack Cork be a safer bet? There is a risk factor with Rodwell and he'll be rusty.

Cork had a great season last year and if the rumours are true that the likes of Palace, Swansea & West Brom are looking at him, I think we should consider a move for him to play alongside/in front of Cattermole.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...hamptons-transfer-exodus-crisis-point-3934341

I forgot he was at Chelsea around that time.

I'd be happy with the signing, he was class when they come to our place in the league, but I'd be lying if I said I had seen great deal with him.

He is the perfect age mind, we have to sign younger players and improve them, it is the only model for a club our size.

We're well stocked where he plays and would probably have to pay a premium for him. People on here only seem to rate him as he played really well in a game against us last season. As I said previously - it would be typical Sunderland if when Southampton are selling all their big players, we signed one of their hod carriers, who had pace, ability and a cracking side ahead of him to excell last season. It's a no from me, not what we need.

Last edited:
He's just like a midfield messi, he'd improve a team like us. The gap between the top 7 and everyone else is pretty big these days, so a good signing for a bottom half team might still be nowhere near good enough to play for Spurs, for example

Yes!
See above quote :)

Jack Cork would definitely improve us, fine player who is similar to a young steven gerrard/roy keane/patrick veira type player!

Not happy with that rocky, especially after your previous comment about him. :)

£3m bid from Palace accepted according to the BBC gossip column. I think he's a decent player and for that price would be disappointed to see him go there and us not try and get him in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back