Jeremy Clarkson sacked from Top Gear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ironically and perhaps certainly co-incidentally I saw her on The Classic Car Show on Five with Quentin Wilson last night. She was rallying an old Mini with Paddy Hopkirk. The first time in the car he was driving. The second time he instructed her. She was very very good. That was my first time seeing the show and I thought to myself "I have learned more in the first 10 minutes of watching that show than in 10 years of Top Gear".

I doubt she would jump ship from Five's flagship motoring show to Top Gear. I hope not anyway. Same with Quentin Wilson.
Has she got a decent crack?

I don't understand a word you said, sorry. But if I have it correctly you think we should all be treated the same regardless of who we are, basically. Can't disagree with that for the most part. But motive and background comes in to play.

On Emmerdale recently Lachlan tried to rape Alica. But some angry ignorant folk on Digital Spy who post comments about this storyline have not only pronounced him guilty but they have pretty much deemed he should be castrated. They already have him as the next Ted Bundy. But whilst Lachlan needs punishing, this is not a dangerous psychopath. But Lachlan is no Ted Bundy. I think Lachlan is just a naive impressionable kid who unwittingly allowed the wrong people into his head in the past. Emmerdale fans know about a YouTube clip he had to partake in where they instructed boys on how to kiss girls. The girl they had clearly not overjoyed to be there. And I doubt Lachlan was entirely comfortable to be there. So with that in mind, should we slap him with a punishment because he committed a similar crime to Ted Bundy? I don't think so. The moral of the story is yes we should all be treated the same, but think about the motive first.

If Jezza was in an office job and went up to his boss and punched him because he is a person with an attitude issue then yes he ought to be punished. But in this case it shouldn't be to the same degree as if he was a person with a massive anger management problem. If you were working in the rain and cold and your missus gave you for lunch on your return a cheese sarnie, how would you feel? I maintain that hot, hearty, warming food after a day outside in the cold boosts you up far better than a cold meal like a salad. It is not a privilege. I think it is a right. People need the right sustenance in their bodies at the right time. The people working in the hotel are in the 'hospitality' industry. I think they should have at least warmed up a can of tomato soup for everyone instead of a Waldorf Salad as was reported. Top Gear was right to punish him. But not what they did. I do think it was harsh.

Top Gear may be fun, funny, adventurous etc., but the one thing it is not is informative. The Classic Car Show taught me more in 10 minutes than TG did in 10 years. Top Gear is just pointless japery most of the time. I wouldn't leave a job where the viewer is actually learning stuff from me for all the tea in china. Or for all the Ferrari's in Italy.
What the f***ing hell

I don't understand a word you said, sorry. But if I have it correctly you think we should all be treated the same regardless of who we are, basically. Can't disagree with that for the most part. But motive and background comes in to play.

On Emmerdale recently Lachlan tried to rape Alica. But some angry ignorant folk on Digital Spy who post comments about this storyline have not only pronounced him guilty but they have pretty much deemed he should be castrated. They already have him as the next Ted Bundy. But whilst Lachlan needs punishing, this is not a dangerous psychopath. But Lachlan is no Ted Bundy. I think Lachlan is just a naive impressionable kid who unwittingly allowed the wrong people into his head in the past. Emmerdale fans know about a YouTube clip he had to partake in where they instructed boys on how to kiss girls. The girl they had clearly not overjoyed to be there. And I doubt Lachlan was entirely comfortable to be there. So with that in mind, should we slap him with a punishment because he committed a similar crime to Ted Bundy? I don't think so. The moral of the story is yes we should all be treated the same, but think about the motive first.

If Jezza was in an office job and went up to his boss and punched him because he is a person with an attitude issue then yes he ought to be punished. But in this case it shouldn't be to the same degree as if he was a person with a massive anger management problem. If you were working in the rain and cold and your missus gave you for lunch on your return a cheese sarnie, how would you feel? I maintain that hot, hearty, warming food after a day outside in the cold boosts you up far better than a cold meal like a salad. It is not a privilege. I think it is a right. People need the right sustenance in their bodies at the right time. The people working in the hotel are in the 'hospitality' industry. I think they should have at least warmed up a can of tomato soup for everyone instead of a Waldorf Salad as was reported. Top Gear was right to punish him. But not what they did. I do think it was harsh.

Top Gear may be fun, funny, adventurous etc., but the one thing it is not is informative. The Classic Car Show taught me more in 10 minutes than TG did in 10 years. Top Gear is just pointless japery most of the time. I wouldn't leave a job where the viewer is actually learning stuff from me for all the tea in china. Or for all the Ferrari's in Italy.

tree f***ing mendous :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ironically and perhaps certainly co-incidentally I saw her on The Classic Car Show on Five with Quentin Wilson last night. She was rallying an old Mini with Paddy Hopkirk. The first time in the car he was driving. The second time he instructed her. She was very very good. That was my first time seeing the show and I thought to myself "I have learned more in the first 10 minutes of watching that show than in 10 years of Top Gear".

I doubt she would jump ship from Five's flagship motoring show to Top Gear. I hope not anyway. Same with Quentin Wilson.
I agree. Just watched it on on demand. Great show well put together and well presented. I hope Ch 5 give them the incentive to stay there if the Beeb come knocking.

The classic car show is a rip off of top gear. Prada wouldn't hire a chinaman to make next seasons Handbags

I have a little insight into the making of the classic car show. The biggest concern pre production was the inclusion of Q. He isn't going back to top gear ffs

Jodie won't get within a sniff of top gear either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back