Jimmy Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alzheimer's is terrible, my sister in law is 60, in the space of 12 months she has gone from a brilliant businesswoman to a violent, gibberish wreck.
I think I know what it is all about.
I am totally indifferent to the sufferings of a cheating bigwig who I never met and never will meet.
On behalf of all the lads from 77 may I say chill, what will be will be.

I can't believe this thread is still going.
Millions of people around the world suffering from this awful illness yet a poster decides to come on a sunderland forum to declare he won't shed any tears for a bloke who has history with sunderland. :confused:
It's clear as day that this is all about the OP wanting to appear all hard nosed and like moths to a flame the uber fans have arrived right on cue to show solidarity in their quest to appear all stoic.
It was a pretty needless thread to start really. Nobody on here will physically cry when a stranger dies or suffers from something like this but why highlight it? Totally pointless.

Alzheimer's is terrible, my sister in law is 60, in the space of 12 months she has gone from a brilliant businesswoman to a violent, gibberish wreck.
I think I know what it is all about.
I am totally indifferent to the sufferings of a cheating bigwig who I never met and never will meet.
On behalf of all the lads from 77 may I say chill, what will be will be.
And with that post, can we let this thread lie, I hope your sister in law is as comfy as she can be. x

It's only the tree hugging candle lighters who've kept it going by inventing 'exactly' what the OP actually meant.

These are people who only show 'compassion' on a forum yet would probably avoid a Big Issue seller in the street.
I Have no 'faux' passion for Jimmy hill, I have lots of passion for anyone else suffering because their family members are suffering from an awful illness.

Just to respond to some of the over-reactive comments on here - didn't think this would cause such a storm!

Of course, I wasn't taking pleasure in or indeed underestimating the awful illness dementia / Alzheimers is. I do indeed have knowledge of the disease and have lost family members to this.

Jimmy Hill is a man I have no respect for and a huge dislike of for a variety of reasons. I struggle to comprehend why a Sunderland AFC fan with even a limited knowledge of the club would feel differently.

An awful disease doesn't change my opinion of the man, nor does it change the web he wove in life.

When he does pass, there will of course, be no mention of his corrupt actions in the wider football world.

I hope the SAFC family do not forget.

Just to respond to some of the over-reactive comments on here - didn't think this would cause such a storm! Of course, I wasn't taking pleasure in or indeed underestimating the awful illness dementia / Alzheimers is. I do indeed have knowledge of the disease and have lost family members to this.
Jimmy Hill is a man I have no respect for and a huge dislike of for a variety of reasons. I struggle to comprehend why a Sunderland AFC fan with even a limited knowledge of the club would feel differently.An awful disease doesn't change my opinion of the man, nor does it change the web he wove in life.

When he does pass, there will of course, be no mention of his corrupt actions in the wider football world.

I hope the SAFC family do not forget.

And why should it ....... would people automatically forgive Saville or Shipman if they had Alzheimer's ...... don't think so.

What he did to us was unforgivable and 100% indelible.
I feel for his family but I'm not going to start to say nice things about him just because he's struggling. When he passes I will stay silent but we shouldn't forget what happened. Our history is important to our club. Moments to cherish, moments of pain, we should pass on all of our experiences from generation to generation with honesty. Some respected senior Sunderland fans that are close to me have did exactly that and I've formed an opinion on Jimmy Hill.

How many people have said nice things about him in here?

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah.

Totally pointless.
Agreed.

Coventry/Hill unnecessarily delayed the start of the game, announced the Sunderland result during the match and the team stopped playing.
Then Hill sat on the disciplinary panel to judge Coventry and, no doubt, sat there laughing out of his arse.

Comparing that to catching a cup winning team, who'd been out on the piss for two days, on a long trip to the NE is ludicrous tbh.

Neither was fair, one was blatant cheating by not trying to play, the other was less blatant cheating by rolling over and letting yourself get beat - why do you think all games finish on the same day at the same time now? ... And the answer is not Sky

Neither was fair, one was blatant cheating by not trying to play, the other was less blatant cheating by rolling over and letting yourself get beat - why do you think all games finish on the same day at the same time now? ... And the answer is not Sky

So it was blatant cheating which is exactly what I said ..... I never said all games should finish at the same time.

Coventry deliberately cheated ...... are you saying West Ham deliberately cheated?

I can't believe this thread is still going.
Millions of people around the world suffering from this awful illness yet a poster decides to come on a sunderland forum to declare he won't shed any tears for a bloke who has history with sunderland. :confused:
It's clear as day that this is all about the OP wanting to appear all hard nosed and like moths to a flame the uber fans have arrived right on cue to show solidarity in their quest to appear all stoic.
It was a pretty needless thread to start really. Nobody on here will physically cry when a stranger dies or suffers from something like this but why highlight it? Totally pointless.
Thanks for your absolute nothing contribution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back