Jimmy Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two things mate.

Firstly, you're not a hypocrite who turns on the 'tiny tears' as soon as someone you didn't like is ill ....... that makes me sick to my stomach.

Secondly, these people have more than enough money to have him at home surrounded by his loved ones. But what do they do ........ they shove him away in a home and let strangers wipe his arse because he's an inconvenience. But not so much of an inconvenience that they can't use his plight to flog a f***ing book.

To all of the sanctimonious arseholes, who've come on here to wring their hands, I'd ask how many of you would do that to your own Dad or husband?

I wouldn't and stuck by my Dad, who was a violent alcoholic, until the bitter end. So don't come on here telling me to weep for Jimmy f***ing Hill.

You clearly have no idea what the advanced stages of Alzheimer's is like... It's not a' home' they are put in its a secure bloody nursing unit and the whole experience is devastating for everyone involved.

You clearly have no idea what the advanced stages of Alzheimer's is like... It's not a' home' they are put in its a secure bloody nursing unit and the whole experience is devastating for everyone involved.

I have a very clear idea mate and resent your inference.

I was using a polite, generic and diplomatic when I said 'home' ........ I wasn't giving a detailed definition.

Besides, you have no idea where Jimmy Hill is so you can't claim superior knowledge ......... or can you?

The fact remains that Hill's book flogging wife has shunted him off.

So it was blatant cheating which is exactly what I said ..... I never said all games should finish at the same time.

Coventry deliberately cheated ...... are you saying West Ham deliberately cheated?

What word would you use for a team that throws a match. Now they didn't deliberately give a way a penalty or get someone sent off... But did just enough to ensure they got beat.. It was not blatant but it was cheating someone.
Look I don't particularly like talking about that night in this way, it was one of my greatest moments... But they were different days, injustices of this nature was common place, what went round came round. Hill was a very self righteous man who felt he had a free ticket to do what he wanted and someone I never liked before and after that night. I just think 40 years on this is all out of context.

What word would you use for a team that throws a match. Now they didn't deliberately give a way a penalty or get someone sent off... But did just enough to ensure they got beat.. It was not blatant but it was cheating someone.
Look I don't particularly like talking about that night in this way, it was one of my greatest moments... But they were different days, injustices of this nature was common place, what went round came round. Hill was a very self righteous man who felt he had a free ticket to do what he wanted and someone I never liked before and after that night. I just think 40 years on this is all out of context.

No they didn't ...... their intention wasn't to cheat whereas Coventry's intention was to cheat.

You've chosen your counter argument badly and no amount of prognosticating can change that.

" injustices of this nature was common place."

Don't talk shite man ....... name another of that nature when a game was delayed, scores were announced by the home club and the chairman was dancing around the touchline telling the players not to score.

If it was so common place you should easily be able to name one ...........

Last edited:
I have a very clear idea mate and resent your inference.

I was using a polite, generic and diplomatic when I said 'home' ........ I wasn't giving a detailed definition.

Besides, you have no idea where Jimmy Hill is so you can't claim superior knowledge ......... or can you?

The fact remains that Hill's book flogging wife has shunted him off.

Your inference that people who have to put parents with Alzheimer's in 'homes' are wringing their hands of them, I could take deep offence at seeing as I had to do it... I have therefore given you the benefit of the doubt you don't know what your talking about.

Your inference that people who have to put parents with Alzheimer's in 'homes' are wringing their hands of them, I could take deep offence at seeing as I had to do it... I have therefore given you the benefit of the doubt you don't know what your talking about.

Are you claiming that Alzheimer's sufferers are automatically confined?

No they didn't ...... their intention wasn't to cheat whereas Coventry's intention was to cheat.

You've chosen your counter argument badly and no amount of prognosticating can change that.

" injustices of this nature was common place."

Don't talk shite man ....... name another of that nature when a game was delayed, scores were announced by the home club and the chairman was dancing around the touchline telling the players not to score.

If it was so common place you should easily be able to name one ...........

It all boils down to the same thing professional sportsmen not performing as well as they could in order to influence a result, as per all the examples you were given earlier in the thread - in effect hill came up with another version of it and probably thought he was a bloody genius for doing it.

Are you claiming that Alzheimer's sufferers are automatically confined?

Are you for real, wish I had not started this I am off . Good night

It all boils down to the same thing professional sportsmen not performing as well as they could in order to influence a result, as per all the examples you were given earlier in the thread - in effect hill came up with another version of it and probably thought he was a bloody genius for doing it.

Don't talk shite man, it's nowhere near the same thing.

Were West Ham brought before a League panel to explain their actions?

Are you for real, wish I had not started this I am off . Good night

Yes I'm quite sure you wish that because you don't have a credible answer.

Just to respond to some of the over-reactive comments on here - didn't think this would cause such a storm!

Of course, I wasn't taking pleasure in or indeed underestimating the awful illness dementia / Alzheimers is. I do indeed have knowledge of the disease and have lost family members to this.

Jimmy Hill is a man I have no respect for and a huge dislike of for a variety of reasons. I struggle to comprehend why a Sunderland AFC fan with even a limited knowledge of the club would feel differently.

An awful disease doesn't change my opinion of the man, nor does it change the web he wove in life.

When he does pass, there will of course, be no mention of his corrupt actions in the wider football world.

I hope the SAFC family do not forget.

bloody hell man, I had assumed you were not aware of the implications of your post

And why should it ....... would people automatically forgive Saville or Shipman if they had Alzheimer's ...... don't think so.

ignore button clicked

The poster who said that he/she wouldn't boo but would chant "cheat" for the whole minute. clear?

You have to remember the circumstances ( or be properly familiar with them) to get the hatred.

Remember when Maggie Thatcher died, all the grave dancing from people who were angry about the mines/ships etc being closed down.

It was not an anti Alzheimer's party, it was an anti Maggie party.

This is an anti jimmy hill thread not a dig at anyone who has had a relative or friend suffer through Alzheimers.

You have to remember the circumstances ( or be properly familiar with them) to get the hatred.

Remember when Maggie Thatcher died, all the grave dancing from people who were angry about the mines/ships etc being closed down.

It was not an anti Alzheimer's party, it was an anti Maggie party.

This is an anti jimmy hill thread not a dig at anyone who has had a relative or friend suffer through Alzheimers.

~Fair enough, I am still angry about what Thatcher and her bastards did to the North east and celebrated her death and still commemorate it with a few glasses of whisky with my mate on the day, the difference is she ruined thousands of lives in the north but very few in her tory constituencies, Jimmy Hill was just a cheat (I am 65 and remember that night only too clearly!) but I won't celebrate his family's pain. Like or lump it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back