John Grant at The Sage Tonight - Live Stream

Status
Not open for further replies.

i love john grant

saw him earlier this year - his two albums are works of genius - i envy you didnt realise he was doing this tour til it was all sold out

He was brilliant tonight. Well deserved standing ovation at the end. Also it was the first time I've sat on the top level and the sound is still perfect

Superb gig. Lucky enough to get a front row seat. Well worth a handshake at the end.

Nah mate. End of first row on the left. Entire gig was fantastic. Pale Green Ghosts top notch.

Brilliant. Great humour throughout his set. Swears with style.

Aye, Mr Sweary was in fine fettle. I've seen him 6 or 7 times now, 3 at the Sage, but only ever with the other keyboard player and occasional violin by the lass you did the arrangements for last night. She did an amazing job, some really imaginative accompaniment and having his band playing along with the orchestra produced some stunning moments. Can't remember seeing Hall 1 that packed for ages and everyone was up for it, right up to the back of Level 3. I'm not sure he even sold out Hall 2 last time! I've also never seen a merch stall so besieged at a gig - it looked like scenes from Friday at Tesco, though a lot more restrained and polite of course. They shifted loads of stuff which wasn't surprising as besides some really good posters and t-shirts they were selling 2 albums that aren't released until next week - a 'Best Of The Czars' and a live double with the BBC Philharmonic. Interestingly, it doesn't feature any of the new songs he debuted last night, can't blame him for saving them for the next proper album, I suppose.

The stream that was being broadcast live last night will be archived and available to watch within the next week or so. Which is nice.

Reactions: Sid
Aye, Mr Sweary was in fine fettle. I've seen him 6 or 7 times now, 3 at the Sage, but only ever with the other keyboard player and occasional violin by the lass you did the arrangements for last night. She did an amazing job, some really imaginative accompaniment and having his band playing along with the orchestra produced some stunning moments. Can't remember seeing Hall 1 that packed for ages and everyone was up for it, right up to the back of Level 3. I'm not sure he even sold out Hall 2 last time! I've also never seen a merch stall so besieged at a gig - it looked like scenes from Friday at Tesco, though a lot more restrained and polite of course. They shifted loads of stuff which wasn't surprising as besides some really good posters and t-shirts they were selling 2 albums that aren't released until next week - a 'Best Of The Czars' and a live double with the BBC Philharmonic. Interestingly, it doesn't feature any of the new songs he debuted last night, can't blame him for saving them for the next proper album, I suppose.

The stream that was being broadcast live last night will be archived and available to watch within the next week or so. Which is nice.
Missed out on the merchandise stall but will definitely get the BBC album. Certainly was stunning and glad to hear that will have a chance to watch the stream. I take it that they'll be putting it up on his web site?

Would happily buy the blu ray or DVD if they released one for the gig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back