Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

He's our best attacking player and can score goals from midfield, yet under poyet he receives the ball on the corner of his own 18 yard box constantly, How is he suppose to get forward when he spends all his time in his own half. He had the most assists and goals last season yet sits on the bench or has to play deep what a waste of talent

Even Eden Hazard gets back and defends and he is streets ahead of Johnson.

AJ's problem is lack of consistent form...he was amazing last January but since then? Also am I the only one to notice that he rarely heads the ball

Even Eden Hazard gets back and defends and he is streets ahead of Johnson.

AJ's problem is lack of consistent form...he was amazing last January but since then? Also am I the only one to notice that he rarely heads the ball

I think thats unfair Dan.

I reckon Gus doesn't rate him as he is inconsistent and lacks pace. He is unquestionably talented in terms of skill and has good premier league experience however.

I know nowt about this highly rated Bruma kid were linked to but if he offers us pace, I can see Johnson being binned off, come January or in the summer for financial reasons.

Offer him + £10m to Swansea for Shelvey.

AJ's problem is lack of consistent form...he was amazing last January but since then?

Scored against Newcastle, West Ham, Birmingham and Tottenham, got assists against Man City, Liverpool & Swansea. Came off the bench when we changed to 5-3-2 against West Ham and Liverpool and changed the game considerably. Made about 6 chances for Fletcher down QPR but he didn't put any of them away because he's shite, made countless chances through the course of the year but again, our forwards are shite so they don't get put away.

Apart from that though aye.

Buckley does seem to be teachers pet, although his other pet is kept out of the side by Catts...therefore Gus does not really rate Johnson

He's our best attacking player and can score goals from midfield, yet under poyet he receives the ball on the corner of his own 18 yard box constantly, How is he suppose to get forward when he spends all his time in his own half. He had the most assists and goals last season yet sits on the bench or has to play deep what a waste of talent
There is only so long people can make excuses for him it's already been going on to long

Been a problem since we signed him. Simply haven played to his strengths. His stats are remarkably good considering

Been a problem since we signed him. Simply haven played to his strengths. His stats are remarkably good considering

Perhaps... but maybe one of his issues is inconsistency?... the same can be said about Sess...

One thing is for sure... with both, either we don't play consistently enough as a team to get the best out of them or they are simply players with skill that can't provide consistent form.

The reality is probably a bit of both...

Perhaps... but maybe one of his issues is inconsistency?... the same can be said about Sess...

One thing is for sure... with both, either we don't play consistently enough as a team to get the best out of them or they are simply players with skill that can't provide consistent form.

The reality is probably a bit of both...
He's undoubtedly inconsistent, that's why he plays for us in the first place really.

I just don't get the love-in with him at our club. I was over the moon when we signed him but he just hasn't lived up to expectation. He's very predictable and uncreative in my opinion.
He's got a couple of tricks in his locker but he doesn't contribute enough to the team for me. No clever off the ball runs that make space for others etc, just waits for the ball does a couple of stopovers then either passes or gets tackled most the time.
With all due respect your opinion is shite. Ha has lived up to expectations , was brilliant for us lst season , virtually kept us up.
Of course he gets tackled ! Because he has to hold into the ball longer than he should with no support. Most of the time the opposition have at least two men on him , when we finally get a fullbck who makes overlapping runs it will occupy defenders that at the moment are all over AJ.

Like shite he is. Sorry Johnson fans, but the manager subs him first man or starts him on the bench for a reason - he is usually pap
Worked well against everton , subbing AJ and leaving wickham on :rolleyes:

Last edited:
With all due respect your opinion is shite. Ha has lived up to expectations , was brilliant for us lst season , virtually kept us up.
Of course he gets tackled ! Because he has to hold into the ball longer than he should with no support. Most of the time the opposition have at least two men on him , when we finally get a fullbck who makes overlapping runs it will occupy defenders that at the moment are all over AJ.

Worked well against everton , subbing AJ and leaving wickham on :rolleyes:

Alternatively, subbing Johnson and bringing on Buckley led to a goal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back