Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps... but maybe one of his issues is inconsistency?... the same can be said about Sess...

One thing is for sure... with both, either we don't play consistently enough as a team to get the best out of them or they are simply players with skill that can't provide consistent form.

The reality is probably a bit of both...
Of course he is inconsistent ffs, if he was consistently at his best he wouldn't be playing for us. Wingers who score and create goals like he can consistently are at the best teams.

I just think he's too slow.

Unless he's given the ball on the corner of the opposition 18 yards box he's basically ineffective. Admittedly once in that position he's very good.

But is that the mark of a top class player?

I personally think wingers need to be fast to frighten the opposition. Otherswise what threat do they offer?

He's needs to be at a better team to bring the best of of him. A team that can patiently work the ball in the final third to get him into prime position.

We will only continue to see flashes of his skills here when the planet's line up.

I'd cash in and buy someone who gets us up the pitch faster.

Of course he is inconsistent ffs, if he was consistently at his best he wouldn't be playing for us. Wingers who score and create goals like he can consistently are at the best teams.

Don't disagree, but baffled he can't get aheed of Wickham on the wing... inconsistent or not is still better than consistently shit - which Wickham on wing is all about...

The people who say he's inconsistent are probably the same as those who wanted Sess gone because he was a '1 in 5' man.

Poyets tactics dont help johnson, just like what skp said he would find it hard to score goals in our team. If poyet played more attacking football we would see the best of the lad, however that said he should be in the team right now as he's the best we've got

Johnson will never be the most consistent but we saw with the sale of Sessegnon that regardless we missed him. Drop him for the occasional game but long term can't afford to especially Poyet playing wickham but not the likes of Mavrias. Clearly has a fragile confidence though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back