Jordan Henderson

England have a very young squad. Henderson’s experience will be huge at a tournament.

Would have thought Sunderland fans of all people would know about the need for an experienced head in the team for the youngsters.
Much as I don't like the fact he chased Saudi money, I would have him back for this reason alone.
All the wailing about him going to Saudi and pocketing £14m was disingenuous virtue signaling that would never have happened if Saudi hadn’t bought the mags
All the wailing about him going to Saudi and pocketing £14m was disingenuous virtue signaling that would never have happened if Saudi hadn’t bought the mags
I totally disagree with this point. I am always opposed to any move by wealthy people to buy any sport. It just isn't right.

Last edited:
Maybes but it's not guaranteed, we prob said that about Rooney, Owen and other young stars who broke through early and it didn't happen for them.

Though I will say Bellingham looks like he lives the life so I wouldn't expect a fall of like Rooneys where he's done fairly early but he has to do another decade minus injury which seems to catch up with every elite player at somepoint.

Much as I don't like the fact he chased Saudi money, I would have him back for this reason alone.

I totally disagree with this point. I am always opposed to any move by wealthy people to buy any sport. It just isn't right.
Just a coincidence they’re NUFC owners?

Meh

I still find it funny that he fucked off for the money, and didn’t even make the money
Would be if it wasn't his choice to not make the money. I think he's quite noble for saying it wasn't for him and he's had the last laugh really getting move to a club like ajax so late in his career. Certainly more noble than the great world class players who have sold there soul completely to go there and are just sticking it out.

England have a very young squad. Henderson’s experience will be huge at a tournament.

Would have thought Sunderland fans of all people would know about the need for an experienced head in the team for the youngsters.

They’ve more than enough with Pickford, Walker, Stones, Maguire and Kane. Shaw if he’s fit as well. It’ll be the third tournament for the likes of Foden, Rice and Saka as well.

There are many that wouldn’t, he sullied his reputation with his shallow unethical move to Saudi Arabia, I’m not one for politics in sport, but I think I echo the general feeling amongst fans on this one.
It doesn't matter at the moment as he's definitely not coming back. Attitudes will change if circumstances change and him returning becomes a possibility.

Would be if it wasn't his choice to not make the money. I think he's quite noble for saying it wasn't for him and he's had the last laugh really getting move to a club like ajax so late in his career. Certainly more noble than the great world class players who have sold there soul completely to go there and are just sticking it out.
Nah. He’s destroyed his legacy.

He could have gone to Ajax or even stayed at Liverpool

I can't blame anyone for taking a big pay day, each to there own and that. Could I play in Saudi, probably not but never say never

You mean more 'mentally robust'

Legacy destroyed in one move

Henderson is a far better footballer than he has ever been credited with. There have always been a vociferous mob who have been unable to recognise his ability and role as a facilitator of others. I'd be surprised if he isn't in the squad but doubt he will start. He has lots tournament experience and tends to stay calm when it's needed and can raise the tempo with his passing too so a good player to have around

He has trashed his personal reputation and took his foot off the pedal if he wants to be seen as a genuine contender. I can see him retiring after this season with his stint at Ajax keeping him more or less match fit for the Euros.

Until the unfathomable Saudi Arabia move I'd have loved him back here and was always proud of his football achievements and apparent integrity, but not now. He clearly regrets it from a football point of view and must regret the rest, even if he won't say so in public.
Excellent.

Back