Khmer Rouge

Status
Not open for further replies.
The United States dropped upwards of 2.7 million tons of bombs on Cambodia, exceeding the amount it had dropped on Japan during WWII (including Hiroshima and Nagasaki) by almost a million tons. During this time, about 30 per cent of the country's population was internally displaced.

Half a million Cambodians were killed by the bombing. This lead to support for KR

He knew that, as the Khmer Rouge were just a twinkle in some nutjobs eye in '65.

Well, aye but I wanted to confirm this. The Vietnam war had its origins in the French occupation. I'm not entirely convinced that the Cambodia- Vietnam war was about oil, although the US did support Cambodia (largely because the Vietnamese were their last big enemy).

Well, aye but I wanted to confirm this. The Vietnam war had its origins in the French occupation. I'm not entirely convinced that the Cambodia- Vietnam war was about oil, although the US did support Cambodia (largely because the Vietnamese were their last big enemy).
Aye, he didn't know it.

The whole shebang was about oil is my point, the usa destabilising Cambodia is a part of it

Aye, he didn't know it.
Still my favourite poster by a mile, you. Crack me up :lol:

Those countries have always competed for supremacy in that peninsula historically. In the 13th century Cambodia had an empire that stretched from the Vietnamese border with China across to Thailand into bits of Burma

Reading more about the atrocities in Cambodia and cant quite understand how or why they were able to get into such a position of power. How comes such a fruit loop regime was backed by the likes of China and Northern Vietnam?

Shit happens, after all we are only human. Its what we do naturally.

They've just made a new film about Pol Pot. James Corden plays the role so I won't be watching it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back