Kieffer Moore

What's he supposed to do, force them.
Marra I'm as frustrated as anyone by the way that things have turned out this season but, I'm a bit more realistic. Do I think Speakman deserves no criticism, no, of course I don't but just because we're Sunderland doesn't mean that every player wants to sign for us.
Hard to fathom that no proven striker would want to sign for us for 3 successive windows. Is Speakman not to blame for that?

Do you know that for a “fact” though? The only fact I can see is a side freshly form League One having a right go in January and plugging gaps they needed.
Whereas we….Hjelde, Mundle, Styles and went into a tailspin
I don't know anything for an absolute fact, do you.
I'm not praising his decisions, I never said he got it right but there's an awful lot of assumptions being made without any basis in "fact"
Hard to fathom that no proven striker would want to sign for us for 3 successive windows. Is Speakman not to blame for that?
Read the post again I said he deserves criticism, I find it hard to believe too

Last edited:
There's some revisionist stuff in here too. We havnt been short of AN experienced forward for 4 windows. We were short of cover when Wyke left. We lucked out with Stewart because in L1 he barely missed a game. But we needed cover or competition for him when we came up. Broadhead wasn't ours and was nothing but potential.at the point we loaned him. We've been short up front for 6 or 7 windows not 3 or 4. We aee talking about a club with NO experienced capable forward Most clubs have at least 3. We're woefully short

I don't know anything for an absolute fact, do you.
I'm not praising his decisions, I never said he got it right but there's an awful lot of assumptions being made without any basis in "fact"

Read the post again I said he deserves criticism, I find it hard to believe too
The only fact I know is that Ipswich actually looked to improve their fortunes on the pitch this season. We didn’t.

There's some revisionist stuff in here too. We havnt been short of AN experienced forward for 4 windows. We were short of cover when Wyke left. We lucked out with Stewart because in L1 he barely missed a game. But we needed cover or competition for him when we came up. Broadhead wasn't ours and was nothing but potential.at the point we loaned him. We've been short up front for 6 or 7 windows not 3 or 4. We aee talking about a club with NO experienced capable forward Most clubs have at least 3. We're woefully short
He hasn’t signed a forward

We were 6th on 1 January. If we’d have tried to sign him early in the window and showed a bit of ambition around other signings why wouldn’t he have come?

Instead in the 19 leagues since then we’ve taken 16 points and would be 23rd in the league if the season had started then.

I'm heavily critical of Speakman for not bringing A striker in during January. But KM wasn't going to come.

Cardiff were far more forthcoming than we were. They were in for him too - a former club, two good seasons there, affinity with the Welsh. They tried, they didn't say they were priced out of it, but were clear that he basically wanted to go to Ipswich. Ipswich had been in 2nd for the 20 games between the end of Sept and end of Jan - they looked odds on to go up, and his ticket to continue in the Premier League. I think Ipswich will sign him permanently, unless Bournemouth demand silly money.

It’s an interesting thread. It boils down to this question I suppose; would Speakman have signed Moore, Simms, Broadhead if it were possible?

Or did the man who takes overdrafts and loans to pay our running costs block those deals, and force Speakman to sign three inexperienced kids for about 400k?

Same question on Amad who contacted the club repeatedly in the summer wanting to come back. Did Speakman really not want Amad?

It’s an interesting thread. It boils down to this question I suppose; would Speakman have signed Moore, Simms, Broadhead if it were possible?

Or did the man who takes overdrafts and loans to pay our running costs block those deals, and force Speakman to sign three inexperienced kids for about 400k?

Same question on Amad who contacted the club repeatedly in the summer wanting to come back. Did Speakman really not want Amad?
He was injured and Man Utd wanted to keep him

Allegedly Amad was set to come back before he got injured, he even wanted to rehab here but Man U wouldn't let him (and I struggle to believe we'd want to pay wages for a loan player to rehab).

Back