Krakow / Zakopane / Tatra National Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long you there for? if just a few days Krakow is enough - quality place especially in this weather its cracking the pavements - just wander round and sightsee, sit and have a beer and people watch. Salt Mines and Auschwitz are excellent but I think you've already done them

Done the camp, not the mines. Will probably be there for 9 days or so, going to Krakow first then heading into the mountains then back to Krakow for a few more days. You never been out to the lakes or owt like that?

Done the camp, not the mines. Will probably be there for 9 days or so, going to Krakow first then heading into the mountains then back to Krakow for a few more days. You never been out to the lakes or owt like that?

Nah, not in Poland mate - we normally head the other way towards Budapest and the hills in the Danube valley cos we've got a kip there

Kazimeirz is where all the zany people go you'll fit right in. If I'd been by myself would have a had a night there but our hostel had pub crawls round the main old town so never got to go.

:lol:

Nah, not in Poland mate - we normally head the other way towards Budapest and the hills in the Danube valley cos we've got a kip there

Where could we realistically get the train to in a few hours? How long would it take to get to Prague, Budapest etc?

Trains are a nightmare - you could get a bus to Bratislava in 4 hours I guess then a boat down the Danube in an hour to Budapest

I thought the best thing about eastern europe was the easy access to other countries via the train? You've told many a tale of getting the train home from the pub and waking up only an hour or two later having passed through all the eastern Bloc.

I thought the best thing about eastern europe was the easy access to other countries via the train? You've told many a tale of getting the train home from the pub and waking up only an hour or two later having passed through all the eastern Bloc.

Thats cos there's one main line that runs from Berlin through to Belgrade - Poland is a bit off the trail mate - we got the train to Krakow for a stag-do and it took us 6 hours - its only a 3 hour drive

Thats cos there's one main line that runs from Berlin through to Belgrade - Poland is a bit off the trail mate - we got the train to Krakow for a stag-do and it took us 6 hours - its only a 3 hour drive

I see. Cheers.

Didn't. Stayed round the other side in Slovakia near Strbske Pleso. Cracking round there but a longer slog from Krakow

Oh I see. Ta.

Not countryside, but there's a great home cooked style restaurant in the city called Babcia Malina (or Grandma Raspberry in English) which is just amazing. I got about three courses for £6. You have to check it out, absolutely delicious.

U Babci Maliny - it's on the same street as the flat I'll be staying in.

Oh I see. Ta.

The view of the tatras from the Slovakia side is extraordinary, as the rise straight out of the plain. Most mountain ranges build up gradually, so you don't see that wall of mountains many places in europe

Oh I see. Ta.

You'll come back fat as fuck then. Try the fried sauerkraut - absolutely delicious. Your flat seems to be in rather a good location as well. Try out the Greg and Tom beer hostel bar - lovely little place and one of the barmaids is to die for. If you catch karaoke and sing Du Hast by Rammstein you'll send the local girls loopy - that was a good night! :lol:

You'll come back fat as fuck then. Try the fried sauerkraut - absolutely delicious. Your flat seems to be in rather a good location as well. Try out the Greg and Tom beer hostel bar - lovely little place and one of the barmaids is to die for. If you catch karaoke and sing Du Hast by Rammstein you'll send the local girls loopy - that was a good night! :lol:
Surely that was just an occassional outing from the Rammstein sponsored home for the mentally inadequate

I can't wait for the food mind.

Me marra says he goes to Babci Maliny all the time when he's there like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back