Labour plan £8 a hour minimum wage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will never happen and If that's the case then maybe the government would like to up the rates from local councils on domicillary care for the elderly cos a lot of the firms providing care will cease to trade.

Will never happen and If that's the case then maybe the government would like to up the rates from local councils on domicillary care for the elderly cos a lot of the firms providing care will cease to trade.

I can remember the same argument getting banded about when the minimum wage first got introduced. These poor business would really love to pay more but simply couldn't afford to

good, my wage goes up to 6.50 per hour soon - 8 quid would be canny but I don't think i'd see any difference as they'd just reduce my housing / council tax benefit i'm sure :confused:

There's no doubting that some dodgy businesses take advantage however care businesses in particular that have a set rate from the council to provide care would not survive paying £8 and hour plus 13.8% NI to staff.

There's no doubting that some dodgy businesses take advantage however care businesses in particular that have a set rate from the council to provide care would not survive paying £8 and hour plus 13.8% NI to staff.

Its going to get introduced over time not the first day after a election win if it happened

Doesn't matter if it is phased in mate over time, simple facts are that the care industry won't survive with that kind of increase and with an ever growing population and higher rates of dementia etc then there's a problem brewing.
Infact a lot if SME 's that are the backbone of British Industry and employ more people than any other organisation would maybe struggle to cope with the added cost.

Doesn't matter if it is phased in mate over time, simple facts are that the care industry won't survive with that kind of increase and with an ever growing population and higher rates of dementia etc then there's a problem brewing.
Infact a lot if SME 's that are the backbone of British Industry and employ more people than any other organisation would maybe struggle to cope with the added cost.

most of which is state ran....

Its works out at 30p a hour extra each year ffs:lol::lol:

Won't bring people closer to the median wage, as surely if the minimum wage goes up, people above minimum wage would expect a similar increase.

I don't think the council would see you turned out onto the street, mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back