Lack of goals from the first team this pre-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimb

Winger
Doesn't bode well for the new season does it? .....Only the 5 in one game against darlo who are 8 divisions below us and none since.

Thought they would have managed a few considering calibre of shite they have been playing against.

Creative central midfielder should be top priority imo.

Doesn't bode well for the new season does it? .....Only the 5 in one game against darlo who are 8 divisions below us and none since.

Thought they would have managed a few considering calibre of shite they have been playing against.

Creative central midfielder should be top priority imo.
I'll see your creative midfielder and raise you a role prolific striker.

Difficult to know what to make of things.
Could be an OK season ahead, finishing mid tableish.
Could be a disaster.
Could be better than we expect.
I just dont know.

It was the same for the vast majority of last season and we haven't signed any players that are really going to change that so far.

Lads it's only a matter of time until we are relegated (I said this 2 year ago)
This season I say 19th place.
Hopefully I'm wrong

Lads it's only a matter of time until we are relegated (I said this 2 year ago)
This season I say 19th place.
Hopefully I'm wrong

Same for every team down the bottom though really.

Your never going to break into the elite few and feel like your just waiting to be relegated season after season. That's why it's so important clubs like us go out to try and win the domestic cup competitions.

Same for every team down the bottom though really.

Your never going to break into the elite few and feel like your just waiting to be relegated season after season. That's why it's so important clubs like us go out to try and win the domestic cup competitions.

Very true mate. I just think with a club like ours we should be challenging for the top 6-10 at least. Our main worries want to be how much a pie is in the bar not wether we will be relegated, we have been in the league to lang now to be worrying about this shite again

Very true mate. I just think with a club like ours we should be challenging for the top 6-10 at least. Our main worries want to be how much a pie is in the bar not wether we will be relegated, we have been in the league to lang now to be worrying about this shite again

Yeah I agree. No doubt when Short came in the plan was to be around the top 8-10 season after season and be able to look up rather than down.

Unfortunately it hasn't happened yet, we really missed a trick when we sold Bent imo considering we were in the top 7 on merit and were a force to be reckoned with at home. The financial fair play will create a massive gulf between the elite and the rest so think we just have to take each season as it comes, be pleased with the fact that we are still in the league and make the most of the cups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back