Lampard to NYCFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

If I was a pro I'd definitely head over to the MLS to wind down my career.

This. A decent payday at a standard that isn't terrible, in an English speaking country and probably a fantastic city. Who wouldn't want to finish their career in New York or Toronto? Much better than finishing in Abu Dhabi, Shanghai or Bolton.

This. A decent payday at a standard that isn't terrible, in an English speaking country and probably a fantastic city. Who wouldn't want to finish their career in New York or Toronto. Much better than finishing in Abu Dhabi, Shanghai or Bolton.
Exactly, a nice stroll around the pitch whilst getting your ego fed in a decent city rather than having to drop down a division or play for an unfashionable prem side that you'll probably have to move to (although Lampard, Kaka etc would still have decent offers). Stephen Caldwell has the right idea playing for Toronto rather than the likes of Millwall v Doncaster or Brentford v Gillingham on a cold Tuesday night.

This. A decent payday at a standard that isn't terrible, in an English speaking country and probably a fantastic city. Who wouldn't want to finish their career in New York or Toronto? Much better than finishing in Abu Dhabi, Shanghai or Bolton.

I'd rather hack off my testicles than live in Bolton.

Watching this unveiling on SSN, they all seem pretty clueless about the deal, Claudio and the head coach didn't seem to even speak to him much before he went. He's only their 4th ever player too...strange one.

I think the MLS needs to attract top players who aren't 30+ to really progress. Even Beckham was 32 when he went there.

MLS getting all these big names who are in the twilight of their careers..

Once Henry, Lampard, Kaka etc go it'll all go downhill..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back