Lasses winning again

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a football forum, you knew what this thread was about so if you're not interested don't open it
I opened it to voice a perfectly valid opinion that the lasses team should have their own sub forum on PF where people can discuss it at will without it cluttering the main forum when a lot aren't interested in it.

Less than 1% of threads on here are about women's football....that's even less 'cluttered' than the space between your ears you odious berk
Haha class crack mate, class crack

1% too many though. A simple sub forum, along with the Pre Season board, would allow whine-free debate.

I opened it to voice a perfectly valid opinion that the lasses team should have their own sub forum on PF where people can discuss it at will without it cluttering the main forum when a lot aren't interested in it.
Perhaps he wants "Pure Football" renamed "Pure Football where I can watch men in shorts" ? Just a though

Suits me.

Suit you, sir.

While we've got a few on here, the announcer said that tomorrow afternoon, 3.30 Roker beach (I think, but check first) you can take your bairns along for a game of beach football with the Ladies' squad.

Mind you, the weather ......

Last edited:
She'll be playing for Man C, Chelsea or someone shortly no doubt :(
Exactly, chance of going full time. Knocking bet. If they finish high up, half will be snapped up.

I looked at the FA web site for the result and all it said was 'Chelsea Women's team is not playing today'
Sunderland women don't exist, wait till the old farts wake up out of their brandy stupor and see we are top of the league. They will be making plans for to relegate us and bring the fourth top team up from the lower league.

Last edited:
Football from Fifa and Sepp Blatter through all of the football associations of the world is bent, now they're trying to bring his French Henchman in to take over. Please don't say they're trying to do the same with women's fledgling football, as soon as it gets a hold, they'll be there, the Chelsea's with their bent money from Russia, the arabs at Man City with their dodgy Arab kickbacks, who the fuck do they think they are? John Hall? Well they're no Jawdee Nashun like !!

Exactly, chance of going full time. Knocking bet. If they finish high up, half will be snapped up.

Sunderland women don't exist, wait till the old farts wake up out of their brandy stupor and see we are top of the league. They will be making plans for to relegate us and bring the fourth top team up from the lower league.

It's certainly an interesting topic this.

I really enjoyed the women's world cup, saw about 80% of the games and have definitely kept an eye on the Sunderland ladies team and to an extent the WSL in general since the WC finished, catching a few of the live games on BT Sport etc. But it is amazing the amount of 'ours' and 'we are top of the league' etc that has suddenly occurred these last few weeks after they have put a few wins together and are doing well.

6 weeks ago, it was literally Tyne Valley Black Cat and a few others having an interest, now it is loads jumping on the bandwagon (myself included). Absolutely nothing wrong with the lasses football being discussed on Pure Football and i am all for it and do join in but i myself prefer to look at them as another local independent team as opposed to being a part the men's team if you know what i mean, like a more high profile Sunderland RCA or Ryhope. It's almost as if people are now accepting them as 'ours' to compensate for the fact that the men's team are pretty shite and have a near certain bottom half of the table finish to look forward to and at best a couple more derby wins before normal service is resumed.

It would however be great if they could continue their momentum and bring a bit of success to the region (North East in general). 2 winnable games coming up before 3 tricky games to finish off with, but the goals are flying in at the minute and beating Chelsea 4-0 the other week means they shouldn't fear Man City, Arsenal or Chelsea.

It's certainly an interesting topic this.

I really enjoyed the women's world cup, saw about 80% of the games and have definitely kept an eye on the Sunderland ladies team and to an extent the WSL in general since the WC finished, catching a few of the live games on BT Sport etc. But it is amazing the amount of 'ours' and 'we are top of the league' etc that has suddenly occurred these last few weeks after they have put a few wins together and are doing well.

6 weeks ago, it was literally Tyne Valley Black Cat and a few others having an interest, now it is loads jumping on the bandwagon (myself included). Absolutely nothing wrong with the lasses football being discussed on Pure Football and i am all for it and do join in but i myself prefer to look at them as another local independent team as opposed to being a part the men's team if you know what i mean, like a more high profile Sunderland RCA or Ryhope. It's almost as if people are now accepting them as 'ours' to compensate for the fact that the men's team are pretty shite and have a near certain bottom half of the table finish to look forward to and at best a couple more derby wins before normal service is resumed.

It would however be great if they could continue their momentum and bring a bit of success to the region (North East in general). 2 winnable games coming up before 3 tricky games to finish off with, but the goals are flying in at the minute and beating Chelsea 4-0 the other week means they shouldn't fear Man City, Arsenal or Chelsea.

Of course they / we are. It's a sign of success and I like it. When I go and watch spennymoor and Hartlepool , when I'm actually talking about them at the match, I refer to the teams as 'we'

Haha class crack mate, class crack

1% too many though. A simple sub forum, along with the Pre Season board, would allow whine-free debate.
Jesus Christ mate go outside and make some friends. You have actually spent time on an internet forum complaining to strangers about a few threads 'cluttering the main board' .... Have you got fuck all else in your life to think about? Sad twat. Just don't click on them you broth heed.

Me and @payne have been following them for about 4/5 years now, its absolutely Mint to see so many more people attending and talking about them now compared to back then. The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned. It's a sign of the times and a sign of success, abd the lasses genuinely appreciate every bit of support they get. The contrast between the men's game could fill pages of discussion, but that's not what happens. They are a genuine part of SAFC , not a local pub team and not a different sport, so grow the fuck up. If you don't like it, just leave it alone.

Last edited:
My main concern is Beth Mead getting tapped up by the likes of Man City or Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back