Lateness

Status
Not open for further replies.
I set out for work 1 hr before my shift starts on a 30 minute journey - which should be ample :neutral:
Good! I hate it when people are late for something and then blame it on variables that other normal people would have taken into consideration like traffic.

I'm late for everything because I'm lazy as fuck.

I bet they're never late for a flight.

we almost were this morning. Woke up this morning and checked my watch (which wasn't set to German time). Thought I was getting up early when in actual fact I had planned to get a taxi to the airport 45 minutes before I actually woke up. Dossing about packing and that when I got a text and noticed the real time on my phone. :lol:

Last edited:
How is it possible for fully grown adults to be late through things such as sleeping in, cant get out of shower on time, not been able to get somewhere because they left organising transport to the last minute etc etc

I had to go to a wedding in colchester on sunday morning so needed to be away from work sharpish ready to pick up people that i was giving a lift to.
Anyway my work colleague (who is 50 years old) didnt turn up at correct time, he then gets HIS f***ing WIFE to call me to explain he had slept in but is leaving the house now, he then turns up 45 minutes late for his shift.

I then have 25 minutes to get home, have a shower and get to the place i am meant to be picking others up, I get there on time (0800) she then turns up at 08:25 :evil::evil:

I can understand if people are stuck in traffic etc but haway f***ing sleeping in at 50 year old or leaving the organisation of a lift until the morning is taking the f***ing piss.

BTW this 50 year old work colleague is always shit at time keeping so its not even like it is a one off.

Some of us are just afflicted with it. I'm late for pretty much everything and always rushing about. I was late for my wedding; every holiday they have to put a call out cos i'm the last on the plane; late for work most days etc etc. You say it like it's a concious decision, which it is for most people, but for some of us it just seems beyond our control. It happens too often to just be laziness.
For example, I have two alarm clocks, one of which requires me to get out of bed to stop, yet I often wake up late with both turned off and no knowledge of doing it.
The boss can complain all he wants, but if you're turning off your alarm in your sleep there's not a fat lot you can do about it.
Then there's the turning up late thing. That seems to be a mentality of always leaving travelling to things at the last minute, then underestimating how long it will take to get there, coupled with never wanting to be early in case you have to wait around on your own.
I always arrive at the match as close to KO as possible; I try to get to the pictures just as the credits are rolling etc.
I can't speak for anyone else, but for me, any time is approximate. If I agree to meet somewhere at 8, then it's perfectly acceptable for me or anyone else to bowl up anytime between 7.30 and 8.30. And the fact that for a lot of people 8 means 8 just seems alien to me.
And it seems the harder I try to be on time, the more something will pop up to slow me down. I can absolutely guarantee that I'll be in the car to drop the kids off in the morning and I'll have to go back into the house for summat I've forgot. And it doesn't matter if I've laid out everything I need the night before, I'll still fuck it up and forget summat.

I'm late for everything because I'm lazy as fuck.

we almost were this morning. Woke up this morning and checked my watch (which wasn't set to German time). Thought I was getting up early when in actual fact I had planned to get a taxi to the airport 45 minutes before I actually woke up. Dossing about packing and that when I got a text and noticed the real time on my phone. :lol:
I woke up on Friday and I'd somehow set my clock to Rio time during the night.

Every single time mate. It's ridiculous. I've got on the tube to heathrow before, only to find the track splits and I'm on the wrong train. Or no taxis have turned up at the rank. Or I've left me passport in the carpark etc etc ad nauseum.

Last edited:
It is always the same twats. Sure, everybody can be late once in a blue moon but it is the same people over and over. Simple selfishness..their time is more important than yours

I used to hang around with a bloke years ago who was always late. More than once, I called to his place in a cab at a prearranged time, only for him to shout out his bedroom window dressed in only a towel saying he'll be as fast as he can. It was ridiculous.

Anyway, there was a big group of us flying to the UK one wknd & we were all up in the bar in the departures lounge. Except one person. The time had come for the gate to close & he still wasn't there. Next thing he walked in to the bar, cool as a breeze & got a pint & sat down with us. We were all wondering how he was so late & he told us that the gate was just closed at he got up to it & the girl at the check-in desk under no circumstances would leave him check in. A neighbour of his works in the airport & happened to be passing & saw what was going on. The neighbour knew the girl at the desk & she left him check in. I mean, how in the name of FUCK can someone be late for a flight?? I understand there are genuine exceptions but some people are just fuckin bellends when it comes to punctuality.

Some of us are just afflicted with it. I'm late for pretty much everything and always rushing about. I was late for my wedding; every holiday they have to put a call out cos i'm the last on the plane; late for work most days etc etc. You say it like it's a concious decision, which it is for most people, but for some of us it just seems beyond our control. It happens too often to just be laziness.
For example, I have two alarm clocks, one of which requires me to get out of bed to stop, yet I often wake up late with both turned off and no knowledge of doing it.
The boss can complain all he wants, but if you're turning off your alarm in your sleep there's not a fat lot you can do about it.
Then there's the turning up late thing. That seems to be a mentality of always leaving travelling to things at the last minute, then underestimating how long it will take to get there, coupled with never wanting to be early in case you have to wait around on your own.
I always arrive at the match as close to KO as possible; I try to get to the pictures just as the credits are rolling etc.
I can't speak for anyone else, but for me, any time is approximate. If I agree to meet somewhere at 8, then it's perfectly acceptable for me or anyone else to bowl up anytime between 7.30 and 8.30. And the fact that for a lot of people 8 means 8 just seems alien to me.
And it seems the harder I try to be on time, the more something will pop up to slow me down. I can absolutely guarantee that I'll be in the car to drop the kids off in the morning and I'll have to go back into the house for summat I've forgot. And it doesn't matter if I've laid out everything I need the night before, I'll still fuck it up and forget summat.

:lol:
You would be the absolute worst person to have in my life, honestly mate i think if you were my lass then i would strangle ya.
How can ya not get your head round the fact that 8 means 8, if i wanted to meet you at half 8 then i would say 8 half 8 and not 8 etc I wouldnt have a problem with somone turning up at half 7 if i say 8 cos thats early and good mannars, however if i say 8 and its agrre yet you rocked up at half 8 then thats rude as fuck imo :lol:

:lol: all of this. Absolutely, well and truly... this!!!

I often pick up my phone at night to set my alarm, see I've got a text, reply to the text, climb into bed and forget about my alarm. I've just set an alarm on my phone and plugged it into charge and if I didn't check my texts a couple minutes ago I wouldn't have realised I forgot to turn my charger on at the socket. Phone would have died (was on 1% when i checked my texts) and alarm wouldn't have went off.

Last edited:
You would be the absolute worst person to have in my life, honestly mate i think if you were my lass then i would strangle ya.
How can ya not get your head round the fact that 8 means 8, if i wanted to meet you at half 8 then i would say 8 half 8 and not 8 etc I wouldnt have a problem with somone turning up at half 7 if i say 8 cos thats early and good mannars, however if i say 8 and its agrre yet you rocked up at half 8 then thats rude as fuck imo :lol:
Cos no given time in my universe is explicit. Everything has a 'plus or minus' attached to it, and that's how I view the world. What difference does turning up 10 mins late for work make in the scheme of things, as long as you work back an extra 10 to make up the time? If I was in charge I wouldn't care what time people rocked up as long as I got 8 hours out of them.
I've even manged to get work to change my hours, because filling in all the forms, applying through head office ( to go over the gaffer's head) and having a meeting with the bosses was easier for me than leaving the house 10 minutes earlier every day.
Honestly, unless you are like this there's no way you could understand.

I have a cousin who's unreal as well. Himself & his Mrs & kids were supposed to call to my place one Sunday a while back at 2 o clock. They turned up at half 4. Another time, they were supposed to call at 5 o clock on a Saturday evening & make a night of it. They turned up at 20 to 8. Why were they late? They drove an hour & stopped off for dinner in a restaurant 3 minutes from my place & it didn't cross their minds to ask us did we want to join them or at least leave us know why they were late.

:lol: all of this. Absolutely, well and truly... this!!!

I often pick up my phone at night to set my alarm, see I've got a text, reply to the text, climb into bed and forget about my alarm. I've just set an alarm on my phone and plugged it into charge and if I didn't check my texts a couple minutes ago I wouldn't have realised I forgot to turn my charger on at the socket. Phone would have died (was on 1% when i checked my texts) and alarm wouldn't have went off.
Haha are you me?

Cos no given time in my universe is explicit. Everything has a 'plus or minus' attached to it, and that's how I view the world. What difference does turning up 10 mins late for work make in the scheme of things, as long as you work back an extra 10 to make up the time? If I was in charge I wouldn't care what time people rocked up as long as I got 8 hours out of them.
I've even manged to get work to change my hours, because filling in all the forms, applying through head office ( to go over the gaffer's head) and having a meeting with the bosses was easier for me than leaving the house 10 minutes earlier every day.

I have a cousin who's unreal as well. Himself & his Mrs & kids were supposed to call to my place one Sunday a while back at 2 o clock. They turned up at half 4. Another time, they were supposed to call at 5 o clock on a Saturday evening & make a night of it. They turned up at 20 to 8. Why were they late? They drove an hour & stopped off for dinner in a restaurant 3 minutes from my place & it didn't cross their minds to ask us did we want to join them or at least leave us know why they were late.
:lol::lol:

Brilliant. :lol:

I can trump this, and this time it wasn't me! I once called of my mate at 9am on the way to Leeds festival and he was up and ready, mostly packed and his lass was there and also ready to go. Said we'd see him there and set off. He turned up at 11pm, having taken 14 hours to drive 90 miles. His only excuse was that he'd stopped at McDonald's.

It's like a disease with some people.

My best mate was like that when we were kids playing for the school team. He could see the bloody school from his bedroom window and I and others had to get the bus to arrive. Bus sure as shit he was the last one in the dressing room.

40 years later Im staying at his house and he has to get to work..a senior position as well..and he is still the same..getting up at the last possible moment and flying out the door to race to get there on time. It is like an alien spcies.

Every single time mate. It's ridiculous. I've got on the tube to heathrow before, only to find the track splits and I'm on the wrong train. Or no taxis have turned up at the rank. Or I've left me passport in the carpark etc etc ad nauseum.

What is wrong with you? 8 o clock is 8 o clock. Not half past. If you found a lottery ticket & you had until 12 o clock to claim it, you can be fuckin sure that you would know the time then.

Grow up.

I can trump this, and this time it wasn't me! I once called of my mate at 9am on the way to Leeds festival and he was up and ready, mostly packed and his lass was there and also ready to go. Said we'd see him there and set off. He turned up at 11pm, having taken 14 hours to drive 90 miles. His only excuse was that he'd stopped at McDonald's.

Your mate is a f***ing moron.

Can't think of much that being on time, early or late actually makes a difference. Just tossers that love being early for things, I'll get there when I want it's not the end of the world.

he'll have done what I often do. Everything that is planned I just put off until it's too late then I panic. Going on a night out? I'll get ready in a minute (which turns into half an hour). Going for food? I'll just watch this (half an hour later I'm just starting to get sorted). Need to nip into town? The shops aren't going to close anytime soon, I'll get the next bus. Need to leave for the metro to work at 7.30am? Well I could sit until 7.45am then phone a taxi I suppose. Endless scenarios! :lol:

I get Dave Herbal.

I don't have a 24 hour body clock, it is 25 or 26 hours even. You are forever chasing your tale and trying to live to every body else's concept of time ie a 24 hour body clock. I do get that it is rude to be late and do my best to be a responsible adult. But for anybody who has a long body clock it is hard work.

A good mate of mine is a right Tardy Farkir. Always late for drinks, sport etc.

We were watching Sunlund under 18 s play Wimbledon at the old Plough Lane. He turned up on 89 minutes.

Any London Branch Member from the 80s onwards will know him.

Great lad, great company. Shocking timekeeping.
No names no pack drill, but the Aquatic Marvel is guaranteed to be so late he will miss most events he says he'll be there for. But here's an insight into his mentality.

In the days before mobiles he was driving up to Sunderland for a match with his lass and at the last minute the lasses brother (a supporter of the team we were playing) said he'd like to go to the match and could they pick him up from work in the middle of London. They turned up on time!!!!! But no brother, so they drove round the block as there was no parking ... which they kept doing for over two hours. Finally, one of them went into his works and asked where he was, to be told he'd knocked off early and gone out on the lash with all his colleagues leaving a message that he wouldn't be going up!! The first thing that sprang to my mind was that he didn't think it particularly unusual to be over two hours late for a meet, or someone leaving work! Twat ;)

I get Dave Herbal.

I don't have a 24 hour body clock, it is 25 or 26 hours even. You are forever chasing your tale and trying to live to every body else's concept of time ie a 24 hour body clock. I do get that it is rude to be late and do my best to be a responsible adult. But for anybody who has a long body clock it is hard work.

sorry peachy, i like yey but thats a bullshit reason, 24 hours is the same in your body clock like it is in mine.
If you were giving a time to report to court then you would be there on time
if your were given a time to report to police station then you would be there on time
if you were given a time to cash in a ticket for a lot of money then you would

i could gan on and on about things that you could do on time there for if you could do all those things on time then i am sure as shit that you could make it to work on time or make it to meet your friends at the organised timt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back