Lee Congerton, genius or

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not sure about genius but I would give the bloke credit in that he does his homework on players and hopefully we will not be bring in players just for the numbers. Patience is what is needed and I think The Conga will have that, not shooting from the hip like Joking Ear who (In his own words) knew everybody in football land and he could call anybody he liked as he was so famous.

As daft as saying he's going to fail.

Not really M'lord. He has had a good grounding and experience at Chelsea and Hamburg. And the fact he speaks well and doesn't seem to pressing the panic button, unlike many on here, bodes well for the hope that each and every signing will be well researched and brought in to add value to the effectiveness of the team and not to appease fans or shirt sales.

All my opinion of course.

Not sure about genius but I would give the bloke credit in that he does his homework on players and hopefully we will not be bring in players just for the numbers. Patience is what is needed and I think The Conga will have that, not shooting from the hip like Joking Ear who (In his own words) knew everybody in football land and he could call anybody he liked as he was so famous.

I hope this catches on.

Joe Kinnear clone? 39 days to decide.
It would be difficult to validate genius on what we've seen and heard to date.
He was sensational in his last job. :)

What evidence have you got he 'does his homework', mate?

Not really M'lord. He has had a good grounding and experience at Chelsea and Hamburg. And the fact he speaks well and doesn't seem to pressing the panic button, unlike many on here, bodes well for the hope that each and every signing will be well researched and brought in to add value to the effectiveness of the team and not to appease fans or shirt sales.

All my opinion of course.

Well, that's the case for the defence........the prosecution case might point out that his role at Chelsea was as chief scout alongside reserve team coach Rodgers and the academy manager, with responsibility for scouting and coaching YOUNG players. So no real budgetary responsibility there....just keep an eye out for promising young kids....which he may have done very well but isn't an immediate requirement here. In his role as Technical director at Hamburg the team only just clung on to top league status by winning a play-off match.......again no budgetary responsibility. So we know he can spot a decent young player.......that he's not particularly good at the technical side of things but hey-ho lets give him the purse strings in yet another experiment by Sunderland football club.

Take your pick.....good or bad.......i'd say he deserves a bit of time but no doubt he'll be hung out to dry if this window carries on as it has or he signs a load of turkeys like the spiv who went before him.

Well, that's the case for the defence........the prosecution case might point out that his role at Chelsea was as chief scout alongside reserve team coach Rodgers and the academy manager, with responsibility for scouting and coaching YOUNG players. So no real budgetary responsibility there....just keep an eye out for promising young kids....which he may have done very well but isn't an immediate requirement here. In his role as Technical director at Hamburg the team only just clung on to top league status by winning a play-off match.......again no budgetary responsibility. So we know he can spot a decent young player.......that he's not particularly good at the technical side of things but hey-ho lets give him the purse strings in yet another experiment by Sunderland football club.

Take your pick.....good or bad.......i'd say he deserves a bit of time but no doubt he'll be hung out to dry if this window carries on as it has or he signs a load of turkeys like the spiv who went before him.

All true. Can't argue with that. I do think at least on paper he is several measures better than De Fanti, who I believe lined the pockets of his agent friends in each and every signing he made!

But as we both agree time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back