left back...

Status
Not open for further replies.

samwise

Striker
...thought jones did very well today, managed to get forward plenty as well although borini did a decent cover job as well, possible pairing for a few games?

Big mistake this window not bringing in a decent left back to the club, especially seeing how pva played in the first couple of games while the window was open. Hope Jones can continue to play in the way he did today and cover that position.

...thought jones did very well today, managed to get forward plenty as well although borini did a decent cover job as well, possible pairing for a few games?

Jones actually looked a better left back than right back, he done very well today. Pity Dick didn't try this earlier in the season with someone else coming into right back and the defensive disaster that is PVA being dropped.

For the first 40 minutes I thought the whole defence looked rock solid.
I don't think West Ham had a decent foray into our box until they scored just before half time

I don't like Jones as a player but he was good today, was just refreshing to see that wanker PvA out of the side more than anything.

i honestly think PVA can still do a job but he has always lacked the defensive side of his game, right now he seems unsure as to where he is meant to be...blazing up the wing or sitting tight and his confidence looks shot.
on present form he is a liability at left back and for the life of me i still cannot get my head around why the Rev was allowed to leave, may be getting on in years but his experience was obvious.
whoever is in it does not take away the fact that a 'proper' left back has been in dire need for years yet has never been sorted.

Borini is a work horse. And reverting to a 4-5-1 set up when we don't have the ball has to be the way forwards. That all said we conceded 2 goals to take us to 18 in 8 games and we could easily have lost the game as it turned out. When do we think our first clean sheet of the season will come along?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back