lilyhammer, (tv show, not the place)

Status
Not open for further replies.

redalert69

Striker
always on the look out for good quality tv series to watch, started watching boardwalk empire but wasn'tfor me sadly, as it looked good but couldn't get in to it,
I've watched a couple of this lilyhammer and seems ok so far, just wondered if anyone else had watched season 1 and 2 and could give a balanced opinion on what they think of it??

If you like gangster programmes I'm absolutely astounded you can't get into Boardwalk Empire it's fantastic.

always on the look out for good quality tv series to watch, started watching boardwalk empire but wasn'tfor me sadly, as it looked good but couldn't get in to it,
I've watched a couple of this lilyhammer and seems ok so far, just wondered if anyone else had watched season 1 and 2 and could give a balanced opinion on what they think of it??

Watch the sister show, Clawhammer.

If you like gangster programmes I'm absolutely astounded you can't get into Boardwalk Empire it's fantastic.
I heard rave reviews about it and some have said the same as you but just couldn't get into it, watched 5 episodes of 1st season then knocked it on the head

I watched series 1 when it was on BBC4. I enjoyed it, it was quite ludicrous but amusing. I haven't seen series 2 yet as it hasn't been on normal telly.

I heard rave reviews about it and some have said the same as you but just couldn't get into it, watched 5 episodes of 1st season then knocked it on the head
So many people on here give up half way through a series, or before a show gets into a full swing. Seemingly on some of the best television ever.

5 episodes is less than 3 sunderland games. Imagining giving up on a football team after that amount of time. Ludicrous imo, as you're missing out.

I think I got half way into the 2nd episode before ditching it. Not for being a slow burner, or a bit dull, or whatever, but for being absolutely f***ing dreadful. No redeeming features, no potential. Just gash. Each to their own though...

So many people on here give up half way through a series, or before a show gets into a full swing. Seemingly on some of the best television ever.

5 episodes is less than 3 sunderland games. Imagining giving up on a football team after that amount of time. Ludicrous imo, as you're missing out.

Bloody wish I could go back and make that judgement call now!

fair comment but others who have watched all seasons have said if you're not hooked after 5 episodes then I probably won't be at all, as it's centred around the characters who are there in season one and moves from there, may well improve but it just hasn't grabbed me the way other shows have

Took me a while to get over that he was no longer Sil but it was watchable.
Surprised you couldn't get into Boardwalk though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back