Lionel Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.
This, Messi is certainly a magical player but I just prefer Ronaldo as I think (all round) he's just a better player.
And that is fair enough, I think its the other way around but both opinions are completely valid and have a lot of evidence to back them up. As I say, it really just comes down to personal preference in the end, they are that closely matched!

Pele
Cruyff
Maradona
Best
Beckenbauer
Moore
de Stefano
Puskas

.........off the tip of my head ;)
Yes...

Cross era comparisons are impossible, theres just too many variables.

Both Messi and Ronaldo will go down in history alongside the all time greats but it just comes down to personal prefernce/opinion on who people believe is better.

In my lifetime Messi is comfortably the best player I have seen, but I respect people who disagree and say Ronaldo is, there is certainly a good arguement for it.

What I really hate is people trying to promote either Messi or Ronaldo by putting the other player down, its stupid, both are senstaional in completely differing ways.
They are not human...Ibra, Robben and Bale are the next3 after the top2. But Messi shades it for me as not only can he score but has more assists than Ronaldo and was runner up in WC14.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that some sort of sick joke?
I'm watching Football's Greatests at the moment. Lionel Messi was and perhaps still is the best player in the world. The only objective measure of this is the record book. Tell me a better player and show me the evidence.

I'm watching Football's Greatests at the moment. Lionel Messi was and perhaps still is the best player in the world. The only objective measure of this is the record book. Tell me a better player and show me the evidence.

Zidane - 1998 World Cup Winner ... Where's Messi's world cup winners medal mate?

Zidane - 1998 World Cup Winner ... Where's Messi's world cup winners medal mate?
Ok then respond to these stats:

Barcelona's top goalscorer - 371
Champions League top scorer - 74
Most goals in a calendar year - 91
Most goals in European season - 68
Most goals in a La Liga season - 50
Most Ballon d'Or wins - 4
Most consecutive La Liga matches scored in - 21
Most goals in a single European Cup game - 5
Most goals in El Clasico - 21
Most La Liga hat-tricks in a season - 8

Heres a cracking stat/fact.

Over the last 18 months or so Messi has achieved the following:-

Barcelona all time top goalscorer
El Clasico all time top goalscorer
La Liga all time top goalscorer
Champions League all time top goalscorer

In the match that he broke each record, he went on to score a hat trick everytime. He doesn't just beat records, he destroys them

Heres a cracking stat/fact.

Over the last 18 months or so Messi has achieved the following:-

Barcelona all time top goalscorer
El Clasico all time top goalscorer
La Liga all time top goalscorer
Champions League all time top goalscorer

In the match that he broke each record, he went on to score a hat trick everytime. He doesn't just beat records, he destroys them

irrelevant though, other factors at work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back