Lionel Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.
You. Of course we'll see their likes again. And daft bairns will call the next great players the best ever.

This is guaranteed.
I homest don't think we will

In my life the number one is undoubtedly Maradona but Zidane is as good a cm as I've ever seen. Even better imo than platini. Up front it's been an honour to watch van Basten and the first ronaldo. Who can forget gullit either, an extraordinarily good player. My dad claims Cruyff, pele, Beckenbauer and best. My grandad has a different list again.

It's a joke to say we won't see the likes of Ronaldo or Messi again. We absolutely will and the next gen will insist they are the best ever.
I think the point has been missed all those players mentioned at different times these two are playing at their peak at the same time.

Zidane - 1998 World Cup Winner ... Where's Messi's world cup winners medal mate?
What a ridicolous thing to state,
Stéphane Guivarc'h Has one also.

Last edited:

With a good five years left in him, he will probably end up with well over 400 league goals (barring serious injuries).That would be some record.

Yes but Maradona was shit compared to Pele.(and he was no cheat!!)
Agreed - Pele was like Eusebio famed for their fair play and sportsmanship so far as I can see. I'm sure there may have been other "greats" of similar virtue.

Maradona, Messi and Ronaldo have all had their moments of temperament and cheating etc.

If they are judged on goals scored and assists, I am afraid Messi is slightly ahead. While Ronaldo's goals are mostly penalties, tap ins, free kicks and counter attack goals (mind you all are more difficult than it seems), Messi's goals are when the defense is already back and on build up. While Ronaldo will more likely lose pace with age and effect his game as in the case of Bale following suit, Messi who is 2 and half years longer has the game to last until well into mid thirties like Prilo as his game does not need the pace Ronaldo needs. Both are excellent and quite even now...but come 2020, I think Messi will surpass Ronaldo.

Agreed - Pele was like Eusebio famed for their fair play and sportsmanship so far as I can see. I'm sure there may have been other "greats" of similar virtue.

Maradona, Messi and Ronaldo have all had their moments of temperament and cheating etc.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This

Couldn't give a fuck. He isn't Ronaldo and never will be
Does he have to be? In Argentina National team..even Sergio Aguero admits he will always play second fiddle to Messi and he is below him in the pecking order. So #2 behing Messi... Aguero?...He has the highest goal per minute (115 minutes per goal) in the history of the Premier League...yes over Henry, Rooney, Sherear, Ian Rush, SKP and other greats including your Ronaldo. So a player because he did not play in the Premier League is why he is no Ronaldo right? He scored easily against City, Arsenal, United and Chelsea. So he will be shut down by Stoke City and Crystal Palace as Premier League is tougher....Come off it mate. Messi would have done even better than Ronaldo if he played there during Ronaldo's years.

I homest don't think we will

I think the point has been missed all those players mentioned at different times these two are playing at their peak at the same time.

Gullit, Van Basten and Maradona all played the same time in the same league

The first Ronaldo was a teammate of Zidane

Best Cruyff Beckenbauer and Pele were all the same era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back