Lock KLD and Big Sam in a room.

Allardyce was Sunderland’s best chance of actually doing something in the PL since Reidy left, but that’s gone now, it was nearly 10 years ago and football’s moved on, leave it in the past.

Well how can the remit be met if you aren't explaining what it is?
Read your reply to my original post man.
It makes no sense.

I am saying that an experienced head, working to develope the kids within the existing "model", and being allowed to add some experience to the squad, is probably the way forward.

Nothing that hasn't been said a thousand times before.
Allardyce was Sunderland’s best chance of actually doing something in the PL since Reidy left, but that’s gone now, it was nearly 10 years ago and football’s moved on, leave it in the past.
Aye you're probably right.
We need a young forward thinking coach that embraces modern footballing methods. Somebody like Dodds, or Beale maybe.
No room for fossils like Mowbray or BFS.
They haven't "moved on" enough.🤦🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
It makes no sense.

I am saying that an experienced head, working to develope the kids within the existing "model", and being allowed to add some experience to the squad, is probably the way forward.

We need a young forward thinking coach that embraces modern footballing methods. Somebody like Dodds, or Beale maybe.
What do you define as experienced heads?

Dack? O'Nein? Evans? Roberts?

Similar to Keane. Got us promoted in 2007 when spending 6-7 million total in the championship easily put you at the top end, and you could get away with more firebrand management style too.

Whereas now you have clubs without parachute money spending 7 million on 1 player and still not even guaranteeing the playoffs.

It makes no sense.

Mowbray’s 10 years Allardyce’s junior, what makes you think he’s a fossil?

Allradyce’s last 5 club managerial appointments have been with one intention in mind - firefighting, to keep a struggling side in the division. The ways and means of doing so weren’t important, just keep them up at any cost. The fact his style of play was heavily criticised in his last 3 club jobs shows where his expertise lies. In short, he’s a short-term, crap football type who’s sole remit it to get results for struggling sides in order to stay up. Not really what Sunderland’s in the market for I think you’ll agree.

Back