Long Term Ownership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Ellis is going to be around for a while would it be better for us to get relegated in the short term just so he can fully appreciate our PL status and why the risks of not investing are way greater than investing?

Most of us know the implications when "penny pinching" finally comes home to roost because we've all seen it before. To be fair to Ellis the Championship or worse is one thing that isn't on his ownership CV. For this reason i believe he doesn't fully appreciate the implications.

Is relegation a pill worth swallowing for future long term success?

Aye, being where Fulham are currently, is always great for a club who goes down.

If Ellis is going to be around for a while would it be better for us to get relegated in the short term just so he can fully appreciate our PL status and why the risks of not investing are way greater than investing?

Most of us know the implications when "penny pinching" finally comes home to roost because we've all seen it before. To be fair to Ellis the Championship or worse is one thing that isn't on his ownership CV. For this reason i believe he doesn't fully appreciate the implications.

Fucken hell nee body has been relegated more than us in the last 20/30 years marra

Good God! Your post are becoming more bizarre by the day. You're up there with SBC at the moment.

Fucken hell nee body has been relegated more than us in the last 20/30 years marra

I know but Ellis has never seen one and i'm not 100% sure he'll enjoy it, especially when he checks the revenue/turnover.

In my opinion we could be in the "buffer zone" with a relatively small investment. At least relatively small compared to the consequences of failure. In terms of rewards and cost of failure the odds are stacked heavily in favour of spending a few million. It makes no sense to risk everything for the sake of an additional £10million player or two.

If Ellis learnt a lesson from it would the price be worth paying? If we continue as we are the inevitable will happen anyway.

while I agree one day in the next 10 years we will go down, I'd still rather it didn't happen. I remember the comments on here about how relegation could be a good things.
Again look at Fulham and how they could well be in the 3rd tier come the end of the season.

That is never a good thing. We just need to accept we are in the same boat as 40 teams who could easily finish between 7th (PL) up to 24th Championship.

But always try to be in the top flight, even if it means we just plod on each season, such is life

while I agree one day in the next 10 years we will go down, I'd still rather it didn't happen. I remember the comments on here about how relegation could be a good things.
Again look at Fulham and how they could well be in the 3rd tier come the end of the season.

That is never a good thing. We just need to accept we are in the same boat as 40 teams who could easily finish between 7th (PL) up to 24th Championship.

But always try to be in the top flight, even if it means we just plod on each season, such is life

I don't mind being one of the plodders too much, i'm not expecting Champions League.
I feel we should be spending enough to get ourselves in the "buffer zone" instead of the high risk area. The numbers just don't stack up against the risks. Taking Fulham as your example, that's exactly where we could be if we keep up the high risk strategy.
The risks of scrimping are far greater than the risks of spending(within reason).

I know but Ellis has never seen one and i'm not 100% sure he'll enjoy it, especially when he checks the revenue/turnover.

In my opinion we could be in the "buffer zone" with a relatively small investment. At least relatively small compared to the consequences of failure. In terms of rewards and cost of failure the odds are stacked heavily in favour of spending a few million. It makes no sense to risk everything for the sake of an additional £10million player or two.
I'd be canny surprised if he enjoyed being relegated.

It would be impossible for the successful billionare to understand the ramifications of relegation without experiencing it. Absolutely impossible. I mean, where would he get his data from? Going by some of the posts on here you'd think the tv money and parachute payments were publicly available.

If Ellis learnt a lesson from it would the price be worth paying? If we continue as we are the inevitable will happen anyway.

Here's a thought. Why don't we just see if the 'inevitable' happens, then as you say, hope we learn from it if it does?

Logon or register to see this image

So after 5 tricky league games, that last season would have left us on 0 points, because the team haven't clicked as well as we did in the final 5 of last season, that means we are struggling and should be put out of our misery?

Ellis knows EXACTLY what he is doing, he's no doubt being advised from Congerton, Byrne, and even Gus that a slow re-build is going to work and lead us to a positive result. We are NOT a big club, we are small in terms of premier league spending as we have spent too much historically and are paying the price for it now! In a perfect world we'd have had a hugely successful window but reality is that it was a difficult window for many clubs and not many have improved that much from the lower half, most of last seasons lower half teams that are doing well at the moment are just in a rich vain of form, just wait till their form changes and they plummet again.

In the mean time Piston, I'd suggest you go book yourself a holiday somewhere without internet and football and re-evaluate your life.

Serious question mate, but are you normal? I find it hard to believe that one person can post so much drivel without either being a piss taker or mentally challenged. I don't really want to throw shite at you in case it's the latter. A quite normal response would be mostly appreciated.

You do talk some amount of shite on here.

A bigger risk than penny pinching is overspending, getting relegated and then doing a Leeds or a Portsmouth. We need to operate within our means and I'm sure Ellis Short is far more qualified than anyone on here to know what that is. It would be nice to have had £80mil to spend in the last transfer window- but unfortunately life doesn't work like that. I'm happy knowing the club is in safe hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back