Lord's Prayer Banned From Cinemas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I don't agree, I just don't believe God will stop you getting ill

I haven't tried to win the argument I'm not interested in point scoring, I don't do things to impress people.

I take it you accept using your conclusion as evidence for your conclusion is wrong then.

No because you won't answer my question. You know that you have a stereotypical reason for following your favourite god team but you can't man up and admit it. That's why I generally avoid replying to you, because it is impossible to have an adult dialogue. You are like a bank where the security shutters slam down at the first sign of trouble.

I have to say Lewberry in fact I am done replying to you on this thread. There's no point in wasting my time in this fashion.

Last edited:

No because you won't answer my question. You know that you have a stereotypical reason for following your favourite god team but you can't man up and admit it. That's why I generally avoid replying to you, because it is impossible to have an adult dialogue. You are like a bank where the security shutters slam down at the first sign of trouble.

I have to say Lewberry in fact I am done replying to you on this thread. There's no point in wasting my time in this fashion.

I put the tedious fecker on ignore for that very reason. There is no point. It is like talking to a 3 year old.

I don't mind thought provoking discussions with people where I think they are wrong in their arguments. JonMc for example gives intelligent, rational and well reasoned arguments. They are challenging to address, if on this occasion ultimately flawed.

Lewberry on the other hand is either on a big wind-up or, as I suspect, very young and utterly deluded.

I'd be looking at the parents for starters....

The problem is that you don't like people who pray cause you don't believe in God, that's all it comes down to, you can think of very inventive ways of dancing around this single thing but that's all it boils down to, as far as being weak or whatever its just a standard statement given by morons who think they can put everyone into categories because they don't know any different.

Probably frightened that if they're wrong their world won't make sense anymore.

Reactions: JJH
I like pie. If the life of pie is a content one then I figure he's ahead of the game. I don't care if he's cheating by being delusional. ;)

Yes fair point but at least 'faith' in SAFC has some tangible proof i.e. an owner (God), a stadium (Heaven/Hell) and a team (angels/demons ;)) etc.

Even if the outcome is still as shite as religion.

So if you went to watch a match at the Stadium of Light, you would see the action, hear the sound of the crowd, smell the air and touch the seat you were sat in. The experience would be real and not imagined. When a goal was scored you might experience the release of emotion and feel a rush of bliss such that you felt love for those around you, even strangers. In your joy you might even embrace the person next to you and give them a great big kiss, even if was a man (as long as no tongues were involved). In other words you would have a peak experience. It is the desire or thirst for that peak experience that would make you return another time. All the concepts in your mind about Sunderland AFC would be irrelevant because you know that peak experience to be real. It's a great experience. I love it. When Sunderland score a vital goal it is one of the most blissful experiences available. Then you talk later to people who never went to the game but read newspaper or internet reports who said they could see from the stats that the match was crap and you must be mad for paying good money to watch that shite. They could bemoan the misery that had been endured for many decades, that you must be an idiot and a fool but you wouldn't care because you had had that peak experience that you knew was real and you had a thirst to experience it again. Even if you had lost faith you may still have the hope that that peak experience would happen again. Not a blind faith but a real faith based on past experiences. I'm not saying that religion is as good as that but perhaps it should be and if it is not then something is missing or has been lost. Where have the peak experiences in religion gone.

You h

you have just answered your own question. Children are born with a predisposition to believe in religon.
No they aren't, they get brainwashed by their parents. I used those three religions to show possible outcomes, (using the Christian family also - as you are unlikely to be turfed out of your family if you decide that following the faith is not for you, whereas you can be shunned if you turn from the faith in Hindu and Muslim families).

Children brought up in an atheist family are unlikely to turn to religion if the family are otherwise normal.

I'm sure she will perhaps I'll say a prayer for you next so you understand the point I was trying to make :p
If praying makes you happy Lewberry - please pray away and be happy!

Last edited:
No they aren't, they get brainwashed by their parents. I used those three religions to show possible outcomes, (using the Christian family also - as you are unlikely to be turfed out of your family if you decide that following the faith is not for you, whereas you can be shunned if you turn from the faith in Hindu and Muslim families).

Children brought up in an atheist family are unlikely to turn to religion if the family are otherwise normal.

If praying makes you happy Lewberry - please pray away and be happy!
I don't need anyone's permission but thank you :)

Well let's hope when the time comes I can totally Melvin death
Logon or register to see this image

Isn't that the definition of non interventionist?
No I don't think so myself because God can still give you strength through hardship.

The problem is that you don't like people who pray cause you don't believe in God, that's all it comes down to, you can think of very inventive ways of dancing around this single thing but that's all it boils down to, as far as being weak or whatever its just a standard statement given by morons who think they can put everyone into categories because they don't know any different.

Probably frightened that if they're wrong their world won't make sense anymore.
I don't mind people who pray as long as it's not the only thing they do to solve problems.

I disagree. Don't just pray for the poor and sick. Go and volunteer at your local shelter or food bank.
I never said people shouldn't volunteer I said were pretty helpless, volunteering is great but it doesn't even qualify as a drop in the ocean as far as imbalance of power and resources through the world. We can't stop the way the world works we'll just keep stumbling about walking into different disasters and wars etc.

We've got all the resources to stop all world hunger we just can't be arsed to do it.

Youve brought praying back into for no reason really except to shoehorn your idea that people pray then don't follow it up with actions, you are wrong and have lost that argument so move on.

I never said people shouldn't volunteer I said were pretty helpless, volunteering is great but it doesn't even qualify as a drop in the ocean as far as imbalance of power and resources through the world. We can't stop the way the world works we'll just keep stumbling about walking into different disasters and wars etc.

We've got all the resources to stop all world hunger we just can't be arsed to do it.

Youve brought praying back into for no reason really except to shoehorn your idea that people pray then don't follow it up with actions, you are wrong and have lost that argument so move on.
It's a tad f***ing better than just praying though isn't it?

Which is the whole message from the ad that the church are paying for. I go back to my original post - I want the church to encourage people to do more than just pray.

It's a tad f***ing better than just praying though isn't it?

Which is the whole message from the ad that the church are paying for. I go back to my original post - I want the church to encourage people to do more than just pray.
Well let's use the example you gave, let's do some mind mapping on how to change the world for the better, let's make it pretty and upload it to Facebook.

What good is it without actions? It's worthless, because only a fool makes a plan and then does nothing with it, why are you assuming the church only wants us to pray then go to the pub?

Well let's use the example you gave, let's do some mind mapping on how to change the world for the better, let's make it pretty and upload it to Facebook.

What good is it without actions? It's worthless, because only a fool makes a plan and then does nothing with it, why are you assuming the church only wants us to pray then go to the pub?
Because their ad said JUST PRAY.

That's why.

Surely you pray then it's left in God's hands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back