Lorik Cana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aye but didn't he move further away he went to Italy they were in Albania or somewhere like that :lol:
He went to Istanbul (Galatasaray), then Rome (Lazio). Both are the virtually same distance to Albania as each other, and far closer to Albania than England is.

Good player. Had some shite playing alongside him mind.

If him and Cattermole could have kept fit that year we'd have had a very good season.

He was horrendous bar a few games really.

Constantly out of position and commuting 2 footed tackles everywhere.

Utter shite really

Every game the mad bastard would put a heart stopping tackle in, and for some reason the ref would never seem to mind!

Which one was the game where he went CB for second half because of injuries, and won every header possible. Nowt was getting past him that day. Was that Liverpool???

He was horrendous bar a few games really.

Constantly out of position and commuting 2 footed tackles everywhere.

Utter shite really[/QUOTE]

Think thats very OTT. The good games he did have, Liverpool, Arsenal, Bolton away just off the top of my head, he showed enough to suggest he had good ability. He actually surprised me how good he was on the ball.

The point about the two footed tackles and positioning is fair enough though. Id argue that his positioning would have got better the longer he was here but looking at his post Sunderland career there's not much to suggest his discipline would have improved.

He is and always was a very decent player. Had a few reckless games, but equally had a few sensational ones (Bolton away, Liverpool, Arsenal & West Ham at home). His form (like everybody elses) went tits up at xmas for a while.

However, it does stagger me that some people can be so ridiculously over the top in criticism. 'Utter shite' and 'one of the worst players...' etc to describe a player who has represented Marseille, PSG, Galatasaray & Lazio on regular basis (captain of 3 of those at times, and his country) and has consistently played European football his entire career is just laughable.
I guess it's the old SMB revisionist bingo, anybody who ever played for us is either 'the worst footballer that the World has ever seen' or 'one of our best players In recent years' - and never shall there be any middle ground.

Got frostbite in his pointing finger whilst stood on 'his spot' on the 18yard line one match was the reason I heard, he didn't want it to happen again so had to go somewhere warmer.

He is and always was a very decent player. Had a few reckless games, but equally had a few sensational ones (Bolton away, Liverpool, Arsenal & West Ham at home). His form (like everybody elses) went tits up at xmas for a while.

However, it does stagger me that some people can be so ridiculously over the top in criticism. 'Utter shite' and 'one of the worst players...' etc to describe a player who has represented Marseille, PSG, Galatasaray & Lazio on regular basis (captain of 3 of those at times, and his country) and has consistently played European football his entire career is just laughable.
I guess it's the old SMB revisionist bingo, anybody who ever played for us is either 'the worst footballer that the World has ever seen' or 'one of our best players In recent years' - and never shall there be any middle ground.

Agreed. Although I think some posters are just talking about his time at Sunderland rather than his career which is fair enough (even though I disagree as well!). People often use the 7-2 Chelsea defeat to back it up but if you look at the team that was played that day we had absolutely no chance. Think you're absolutely correct anarl in saying that his form dipped when the teams did. He also wasnt fully fit at any part of the season after the new year.

Every game the mad bastard would put a heart stopping tackle in, and for some reason the ref would never seem to mind!

:lol: Ref was shit scared of him

Great post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back