Make An Indian Curry From Scratch - Al's Kitchen

I'd use lambs liver. Wash it, remove all sinew and gristle, soak it in milk infused with tikka spices. Dry it with a dry cloth, dust in tikka spices mixed with a little garam flour and fry quickly in a little mustard oil or ghee. Add a sauce if you like.

Done and eaten this afternoon. Very nice it was too.

Went over to Ahmeds at Laygate today, intending to get chicken breasts for weekend curry.

Shop closed til further notice; and looks like they've had a roof leak or similar.

Anyone recommend anywhere to get chicken of equal quality please......ideally want to avoid supermarket sh#$te.

Thanks............
Here mate. Cracking website and delivered chilled when you want it.

www.musclefood.com/

Hello @AlsKitchen

I was in Sri Lanka recently and the curries were superb.
There were a lot of vegetable and fruit based curries made. Lovely. There were also lentils and chickpea curries. Could you show / advise on these please. It made a really nice alternative to eating meat.

Finally got round to doing te madras just now. Was absolutely class, better than any take away I've had. Prefect amount of spice. Used a touch more salt than called for.

Here mate. Cracking website and delivered chilled when you want it.

www.musclefood.com/

If you nip around the corner down Laygate (main street) there is an Asian supermarket very very sinilar to Ahmeds - the quality is as good and price slightly cheaper a about 3 mins walk from Ahmeds
Went over to Ahmeds at Laygate today, intending to get chicken breasts for weekend curry.

Shop closed til further notice; and looks like they've had a roof leak or similar.

Anyone recommend anywhere to get chicken of equal quality please......ideally want to avoid supermarket sh#$te.

Thanks............

If you nip around the corner down Laygate (main street) there is an Asian supermarket very very similar to Ahmeds - the quality is as good and price slightly cheaper, about 3 mins walk from Ahmeds

Try the garlic chilli chicken next marra. Outstanding bit of kit!
I need to find a place that sells curry leaves, methi leaves etc. nee where in Durham does.

Where is the place in Sunderland that everyone goes? Might nip out the office at dinner time.

I've been doing mine in a black steel wok but noticed that there's a fair bit of rust on it now. Whats the benefits of aluminium? Thought it would be a bit soft.

Back