Mama's Italian Kitchen in Houghton

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User 17809

Logon or register to see this image

(Pic frem Google - I forgot to tek one mesel ffs!).

Well lerds,

It's yet another ground braking scran review from me to you frem what may well be one of if not the top eaterie in glorious Houghton, namely Mama's Italian Kitchen situated at the top of Newbottle bank.

Actually canny embarrassed here mind anarl as I don't want to come across as some hi-roller who eats out at fine dineries all the time mind, plus as I'm trying to type this out my lass is showing me pics of surge protector plug sockets on her iPad for some reason which tbh is an unexpected distraction, but nontheless - here we go again.

As you may well expect - It's Sunday, so my eyes were set on a top notch - Sunday roast, full bore behaviour with plenty of bevvies and, well, what a first class place this is - with amazing tasty food that is leik manna from heaven - wewsers!!

Before we get into the scran, let me just hoy in a terp tip for you if you fancy sampling a Sunday roast delight frem this hot spot of fine dining - book a table in advance and order your meat of choice to avoid disappointment - that's what we did and it's all plain sailing frem here.

My meat of choice - beef.

As yer can see lerds, it looks beautiful - comes to her table with just the beef (resting on a bed of mashed potato which is hidden in this photie) and Yorkshire pudding and gravy, the veg and roasties come served in a separate bowl which you simply hoy in yersel, as demonstrated above.

So - just how good did it taste?

Well, all I can say is this is a literal taste sensation of the highest order that is impossible to knock ofr find fault with - absolutely gorgeous - beef had not a bit of fat to it and just tasted amazing, veg and yorkie equally terp notch and totally delicious - fantastic mind.

My drinks:

Very nice.

Imported frem Germany - pure class in a glass.

My desert of choice was:

Kinder Cake (with a little edible hippo on it anarl - hee he)

Verdict: canny lersh

Summary:

Well lerds, Mama's Italian Kitchen for Sunday roast is highly recommended by me if you fancy a world class Sunday roast and secures Houghton as a cultural cuisine Mecca for foodies and anyone who appreciates superb tucker.

Nailed to the firkin mast.

More reviews from Mama's Italian range of delights to follow.

Last edited:

Is the dinner half ate, or optimistically they haven't finished serving it?

Nur, but it's canny posh so they dinnit just hoy it on.

But, it's canny filling and plenty of room for desert - I skipped any starter (which has some special soup) as I doubt I'd have scranned everything in sight.

I look forward to your review of Vermillion, the North East's premier Indian Restaurant.

Funnily enough we were all talkin about that place awer Sunday roast.

Rest assured - my sights on that place are nailed on and I've arnly heard good about it mind :cool:

More proof that Houghton is gannin thru a cultural and cuisine based Renaissance.

Well lerds,

It's yet another ground braking scran review from me to you frem what may well be one of if not the top eaterie in glorious Houghton, namely Mama's Italian Kitchen situated at the top of Newbottle bank.

Actually canny embarrassed here mind anarl as I don't want to come across as some hi-roller who eats out at fine dineries all the time mind, plus as I'm trying to type this out my lass is showing me pics of surge protector plug sockets on her iPad for some reason which tbh is an unexpected distraction, but nontheless - here we go again.

As you may well expect - It's Sunday, so my eyes were set on a top notch - Sunday roast, full bore behaviour with plenty of bevvies and, well, what a first class place this is - with amazing tasty food that is leik manna from heaven - wewsers!!

Before we get into the scran, let me just hoy in a terp tip for you if you fancy sampling a Sunday roast delight frem this hot spot of fine dining - book a table in advance and order your meat of choice to avoid disappointment - that's what we did and it's all plain sailing frem here.

As yer can see lerds, it looks beautiful - comes to her table with just the beef (resting on a bed of mashed potato which is hidden in this photie) and Yorkshire pudding and gravy, the veg and roasties come served in a separate bowl which you simply hoy in yersel, as demonstrated above.

Well, all I can say is this is a literal taste sensation of the highest order that is impossible to knock ofr find fault with - absolutely gorgeous - beef had not a bit of fat to it and just tasted amazing, veg and yorkie equally terp notch and totally delicious - fantastic mind.

My drinks:

Very nice.

My desert of choice was:

Summary:

Well lerds, Mama's Italian Kitchen for Sunday roast is highly recommended by me if you fancy a world class Sunday roast and secures Houghton as a cultural cuisine Mecca for foodies and anyone who appreciates superb tucker.

Yeah been there a couple of times mate,a step up on the Floaters Mill me thinks:D

Yeah been there a couple of times mate,a step up on the Floaters Mill me thinks:D

Nailed on merra.

Floaters Mill is classic pub grub, Mama's is fine dining.

I personally appreciate both for what they are, but good point mind :cool:

Nur, but it's canny posh so they dinnit just hoy it on.

But, it's canny filling and plenty of room for desert - I skipped any starter (which has some special soup) as I doubt I'd have scranned everything in sight.
Suppose you don't judge a book by it's cover, looks like they have went for presentation and it does look mouthwatering.

Well lerds,

My drinks:

Very nice.

My desert of choice was:

Summary:

You do make me laff, you absolute cock cheese.

Not sure about Sunday roast but the Italian food is much better at Avanti and Amalfi.

Was in there a couple of weeks ago and although it was not that busy, it took about 30 mins for our starters to arrive, (4. of us) and about another 40 for our mains, then when the bill came they had put us down for 3 drinks each when we only had 2, changed it without any fuss. Food was ok for the price, but the waiter was a right misery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back