Manchester v liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool (I live here mind). Love Manchester but always glad to get back here.

edit: there is more edge when drinking in Manchester too I find.
Manchester has feel of a mini London about it, but friendlier.

Lived in both, Liverpool pisses on Manchester, for me.

Friendlier, more to do, cheaper, more history.

Manchesters not a bad place, but Liverpool has something about it.

Haven't had a night out in either, but been to both and I know what you mean about Liverpool having a feeling to it. I'm living in Leeds at uni and it's quality for a student. I reckon Liverpool would be just as good, had a really good feel to the place when I went to see it.

Haven't had a night out in either, but been to both and I know what you mean about Liverpool having a feeling to it. I'm living in Leeds at uni and it's quality for a student. I reckon Liverpool would be just as good, had a really good feel to the place when I went to see it.

Liverpool's a bit different as a student compared to Manchester or Leeds. Doesn't have an 'area' like Headingley/Hyde Park or Fallowfield etc. I mean there's obviously areas where students tend to congregate etc but nowhere near as much of a bubble. Prefer it for that tbh.

They're both class and I may be moving to Manchester soon but prefer Liverpool atm, will no doubt change if I move. Manchester's bigger and has more going on, suppose you only get a proper feel for a place if you live there though. Never been a big fan of Leeds..

But full of scousers! Do prefer it for a night out of the 2 like.

I don't base it off which is the best drinking city. I'd definitely say Liverpool, except the edgy parts (which you get in most cities) around Goodison but the city centre is brilliant.

Been to both for lads weekends away and Liverpool was by far and away the best. We had bother getting in nearly everywhere in Manchester, even after splitting up into smaller groups, and the locals lived up to the Liam Gallagher edgy bellend reputation a lot of people from Manchester seem to get tarred with. On the other hand the locals in Liverpool were very canny and happy to have a bit crack on. I was impressed with Liverpool as a city during the day as well, although we admittedly only seen it wandering between pubs and our digs but it was enough to get a feel for the place and see what it's like.
I found this too, edgy has hell some of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back