Mavrias, Alverez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steeeeed86

Winger
Mavrias has another last chance to impress Dick. AJ current situation might just be enough to keep around for wide options. We know If he got much game time over in Greece? Goals? Assists?

Alverez, the saga continues by the looks of things. Has he played under Dick? Is he fit again?
Could be be transformed under dick. A real asset if we can get him playing to his potential.

Mavrias has another last chance to impress Dick. AJ current situation might just be enough to keep around for wide options. We know If he got much game time over in Greece? Goals? Assists?

Alverez, the saga continues by the looks of things. Has he played under Dick? Is he fit again?
Could be be transformed under dick. A real asset if we can get him playing to his potential.

Mavrias hasn't done too much wrong in his time here. Maybe a little bit raw like Watmore but I'd rather have 2 young, quick and direct attacking players available than the likes of Buckley and Fletcher stealing a living.

Alvarez for me, needs to prove his fitness first and foremost, when he did play, I think he looked a dangerous player but the problem is, where does he play?? He's hardly been made to feel welcome by the sounds of it.

But then again mate how much of an input did Poyet have in both deals? With hindsight both deals are poor but at the time the club was backing the manager.

Last summer was very messy mate. I never took to Poyet and he does seem awkward to deal with.

The understanding is that he is our player.

So,how much are we paying for him and Vergin, £9m? Congo seems very lucky to still be in a job

Surely Giaccherini is the one non performer from the Di canto days who could have the biggest impact this season

It does make you wonder if, getting rid of Vergini and the Alvarez and, even Johnson situations is holding us back.

Surely Giaccherini is the one non performer from the Di canto days who could have the biggest impact this season
Advocaat talked about him in his interview saying basically he's back fit and it's a clean slate for him to show him what he can do.

Congo made a right mess of the Vergini and Alvarez deals mind

The DOF system was supposed to ensure that it was the head coach that changed, with the new one adapting to the players he inherits not the other way around. If we get lumbered with Vergini and Alvarez we will have £10m worth of players totally unwanted at the club and unlikely to feature.

Mavrias hasn't done too much wrong in his time here. Maybe a little bit raw like Watmore but I'd rather have 2 young, quick and direct attacking players available than the likes of Buckley and Fletcher stealing a living.

Alvarez for me, needs to prove his fitness first and foremost, when he did play, I think he looked a dangerous player but the problem is, where does he play?? He's hardly been made to feel welcome by the sounds of it.
Alvarez needs surgery that will keep him out all season, that's what the argument with Milan is all about

Got to be purely Poyet signings them. Pretty obvious when you look back why Congerton and Gus never saw eye to eye.
I think your right that he may of pushed for them. However I can't see how he would of been involved in sorting out the contracts and agreeing clauses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back