May 30th O2 card - PPV but best UK boxing bill for many a year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No mate, that's on regular Sky, but is looking like a cracking show. Martinez will be Quiggs best opponent (by far) too date (Munroe was past his best when they fought) and i would not be surprised at all if Martinez stops him. A very tough fight for Crolla coming back from his horrific incident in a world title fight and a cracking fight between Sunderland's Glenn Foot and the improving Sam Egiington for the vacant British - i think that one will steal the show.

Your missing Gradovic-Selby from your post - that's a very good fight as well and it's good how 2 genuine world champions have been brought over to give the British lads a better chance of fulfilling their dreams - i can;t wait.

It's far too good for regular Sky Sports though mate. Yes there is the argument that some of these fights could have been spread over the shocking regular Sky shows we have been getting of late (Brum, Leeds, Newc, Hull etc) but as a card it is the best UK one i have ever seen in all my years following the sport. It would be very hard to bring 2 champions over and have the man who they want to build shows around and take over the PPV role once Froch fully retires on the same card, plus Gavin won;t be getting peanuts for this - he was one of Warren's highest earners before his switch to Matchroom.

Yes, some fights could have been put on other bills and we could have had Brook-Gavin, Joshua-Johnson, Ryder-Blackwell just about on normal Sky (even that might have been considered 'too good'), but with the other 2 additional world title fights and the other British / Commonwealth title fights it is definitely worth the £16.95 IMO and you know how vocal i was against that Bellew card being on PPV.

I'm really really looking forward to this. I'm interested in every fight, with the AJ one being my least anticipated one. Its the type of card i would definitely change arrangements if something clashed with it.

Your just a f***ing hearn fanboy marra..;)
Your smb propoganda wont convince me...brook v gavin man ffs...and gan canny with world title, not many would have linares in the top ten lightweights...suppose a belts a belt.

Your smb propoganda wont convince me...brook v gavin man ffs...and gan canny with world title, not many would have linares in the top ten lightweights...suppose a belts a belt.

Far from it mate. I've been massively against Hearn since pre Bellew-Cleverly and more pro Warren (@Washy) for a while now. Matchroom have had a shocking 2015 due to freak accidents (Crolla, Brook), injuries (Brad Saunders, Chris Jenkins, Joshua etc) and this is only the their third above par show this year IMO (Mitchell January card, Brook-Dan card being the others) but i'm a huge fan of this card.

I am also looking forward to Degale-Andre Dirrell on Saturday, Hearn doesn't get the credit there as he lost the purse bid and is in Boston (USA) instead of London, but atleast it is on in the afternoon there, so peak UK time, around 10pm.

Yeah a lineal belt would be decent, but i can just about accept 4 champs per wait - WBC ('green belt'), WBA, IBF, WBO but i personally draw the line with these WBA 'regular' type belts which has become prevalent as having two 'world champs' in one sanctioning body within one weight division is a piss take.

Linares will be to much for Mitchel.....stoppage around the 8th after battering him for the first 7

Linares will be to much for Mitchel.....stoppage around the 8th after battering him for the first 7
From the little i can find cant see linares 'battering' mitchell for 7 rds....mitchell is a different league to the domestic level fighter linares best to win the title.

I reckon mitchell will show up this time.

This is from a few year ago but is a good example of Linares' style.

His head movement and footwork is very good, he cuts the ring off very well and seems disciplined with his hands when defending, seems hard to hit. Mitchell will have to be confident in his ability to close the distance to get his left hook off effectively.

The one thing they might try to exploit is his very wide foot stance. Definitely has his work cut out for him but could be a cracking fight if Mitchell is switched on mentally.

His head movement and footwork is very good, he cuts the ring off very well and seems disciplined with his hands when defending, seems hard to hit. Mitchell will have to be confident in his ability to close the distance to get his left hook off effectively.

The one thing they might try to exploit is his very wide foot stance. Definitely has his work cut out for him but could be a cracking fight if Mitchell is switched on mentally.

Forward to 10:00 mins....

Mitchell has probably just double dropped a couple of mitzis after his tea. I hope he is switched on like.

Far from it mate. I've been massively against Hearn since pre Bellew-Cleverly and more pro Warren (@Washy) for a while now. Matchroom have had a shocking 2015 due to freak accidents (Crolla, Brook), injuries (Brad Saunders, Chris Jenkins, Joshua etc) and this is only the their third above par show this year IMO (Mitchell January card, Brook-Dan card being the others) but i'm a huge fan of this card.

I am also looking forward to Degale-Andre Dirrell on Saturday, Hearn doesn't get the credit there as he lost the purse bid and is in Boston (USA) instead of London, but atleast it is on in the afternoon there, so peak UK time, around 10pm.

Yeah a lineal belt would be decent, but i can just about accept 4 champs per wait - WBC ('green belt'), WBA, IBF, WBO but i personally draw the line with these WBA 'regular' type belts which has become prevalent as having two 'world champs' in one sanctioning body within one weight division is a piss take.

You'll enjoy this mate, from years and years ago.

A few promo's from Matchroom (Mitchell one has been around for a few weeks):

They also have a 'Countdown to the O2' preview show tonight (and every night this week). Sky Sports 3 at 6pm, then repeated on Sky Sports 1 at 10pm

A few promo's from Matchroom (Mitchell one has been around for a few weeks):

They also have a 'Countdown to the O2' preview show tonight (and every night this week). Sky Sports 3 at 6pm, then repeated on Sky Sports 1 at 10pm

Cheers will watch that tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back