Mice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Had to contend with a field mouse once, about 20 years ago. Was up at about 5:30am in the kitchen making my bait for work. Standing at the work bench, saw something just out of the corner of my eye, looked down to see the field mouse making a dash along the skirting board, grabbed an empty large margarine tub off the draining board and then spent 20 minutes chasing the thing around the kitchen trying to corner it.

It then tried to run through the door leading into the living room, I knew once it got in there I had no chance of getting it. Managed to close the door before it got there, it then ran into the downstairs hall and was dashing along towards the stairs. I knew at that point that I'd catch it. It started frantically to climb up the staircase (very funny to see), I quickly jumped forward and scooped it up into the tub and firmly placed the lid on it.

Just as well there wasn't anybody around to see me do a celebration dance, like I was some big game hunter claiming his prize. :oops:

Didn't feel right about killing a mouse, so left it in the box and when I was leaving for work and as walking to bus stop passing some hedges next to a field, placed the tub down amongst the hedges upside down and carefully opened the lid and just left it alone.

Surprised it wasn't waiting for you when you got home!

Surprised it wasn't waiting for you when you got home!

I think it did pay a visit to my neighbour though! :lol:

Saw him a few days after and standing chatting, showed me a trap he'd just brought "bloody kids, sick of telling them to close the doors properly when they go out, our lass only saw a mouse running across the floor this morning."

I just nodded and made an excuse and left him to it. :oops:

Cats are the only thing that works in the long run ... Trust me there will be far more than just one or two

Don't know but the don't half give ya a shock when the run out in front of ya from nowhere, ya just don't expect anything like that to be in your house

That's exactly what I've done mate, but no joy in the 4 hours since I've put it down.

Aye, I feel like a soft shite but it's freaking me out.
My first experience put me off them for good. Was casually walking about the kitchen at night looking for some scran, anyway bent down to open the bottom cupboard door where the cereal is, and a mouse pops out from nowhere and leaps right past my face centremetres away and scurries into the next room. Lucky a didn't have a heart attack f***ing shit myself.

Back when i lived in the country I was out the back on frosty December morning getting some coal in for the fire, thought I'd dropped a lump of coal as I was coming in, but couldn't see it when I came back through. Thought nothing of it, went back upstairs.
Stood doing a piss as "whoosh" a f***ing mouse scampered right across my foot - I took off at a rate of knots, think I screamed that it was trying to bite my cock off :lol:

That's exactly what I've done mate, but no joy in the 4 hours since I've put it down.

You won't catch it during the day mate, it'll be tonight when it gets dark that's when the little fka's come out.

Before you go up to bed tonight put all the downstairs lights off and sit in the dark on your settee (i'm not winding you up by the way),i'll guarantee within a minute you'll hear the little fka.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back