Migrants trying to get here from Calais

Status
Not open for further replies.
They destroy their documents for two reasons: so they can claim to be from an unsafe country where they are not from and to prevent deportation- how can you deport someone if you don't know where they are from?
Surely that's not that hard to prove ?

I didn't mean it like that - you make valid points. But it allows the "they can't claim benefits" lot a way out of admitting that they were wrong by changing the argument. You will note that none of them have had the decency to do that.

We can move on to the rights and wrongs of it next!
:lol:
Just so i'm understanding this right, they come over here claiming asylum, have no documents to prove where they're from and without asking any questions they are given welfare benefits ?

Last edited:

Just so i'm understanding this right, they come over here claiming asylum, have no documents to prove where they're from and without asking any questions they are given welfare benefits ?
Well not all of them have no documents - I would guess if you are Syrian you would be happy to prove it. Also I would suggest a large number either have no documents or lose them on route - if you are shipwrecked in the med I would guess keeping your passport is not top priority.
You are asked questions - you do after all have to apply for asylum.
From at @mackem in milan s posts I would say he works in this area and he has said that it is the case. I would guess the authorities check fingerprints and maybe DNA to see if they have previously been rejected.
Are you claiming it is not so?

I haven't read the thread but a few quotes are completely meaningless. The vast majority do claim asylum in other European countries, the question posed in the op was about why some of them (a very small percentage of the total despite what our agenda'd media would have us believe) keep going to the UK. Mostly because they know someone who'll get them jobs cleaning cars or picking fruit rather than our wondrous benefit system.
The question wasn't about percentages or numbers. It was about why some people are so desperate to get here they will risk their life to do it (and live in squalor in the meantime), the reasons you say are some of those I suggested as possibilities. I just see it as a strange country to be desperate enough to risk your life to get here. Especially if any illegal jobs will be in say car washes or restaurants on shit pay as an illegal.

I haven't read the thread but a few quotes are completely meaningless. The vast majority do claim asylum in other European countries, the question posed in the op was about why some of them (a very small percentage of the total despite what our agenda'd media would have us believe) keep going to the UK. Mostly because they know someone who'll get them jobs cleaning cars or picking fruit rather than our wondrous benefit system.
So if these newbies can come and make a life here and exist by taking on jobs like picking fruit and washing cars why is that unemployed British people dont tend to do this instead of just moping about on benefits. I would suspect this lot coming over are getting far more state support than we realise.

When they claim asylum they will have an initial interview. If the government think their claim is unlikely to be succesfull they can fast track it, which means they'll be sentbto a detention centre while the claim is processed. Otherwise they can apply for support if they are destititute or will be within 2 weeks. I do some work asylum seekers but am not an expert by any means.

When they claim asylum they will have an initial interview. If the government think their claim is unlikely to be succesfull they can fast track it, which means they'll be sentbto a detention centre while the claim is processed. Otherwise they can apply for support if they are destititute or will be within 2 weeks. I do some work asylum seekers but am not an expert by any means.

don't worry mate, every other fucker on here is anyway ;)

Surprised you are posting on this type of thread as you clearly don't know what you're talking about. Another who strenuously denies asylum seekers get any benefits at all :D
I was posting mainly about immigrants, yes asylum seekers get benefits IF they can prove they have a claim to asylum, you are trying to put it accross that these people in Calais will walk into this country and claim a shit load of benefits which simply isn't true.

All these extra dogs we are sending to Calais. Why the fuck are we sending sniffer dogs rather then Alsatians? What are we trying to do, nick the migrants for drugs before they enter? A nice rabid Alsatian or two will soon scatter the swarm.

The illegal migrants might be desperate, and I have some sympathy but the majority are not political asylum seekers but economic asylum seekers . The key word is illegal and if you look at their behaviour (albeit borne out of desperation ) do we really want them getting into the country?

Desperate times need desperate measures and in this case I think at least the threat of rubber bullets is warranted.

How the hell are thousands of them surviving in Calais- some claim to have been there for months if not years-
who feeds them etc ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back