Migrants trying to get here from Calais

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm genuinely puzzled why. What do they think is here that's not in say France or Germany. Have they heard it's the land of milk and honey? Is it family? Do refugees genuinely get more here than elsewhere in Europe? Do they know they can get illegal work. Why would they risk their lives or be so desperate to get here? Genuine question. It's not an attempt to start political arguing.

I think to a lot of illegal immigrants Britain is seen as a soft touch, as well as the greatest nation on the planet, and the most welcoming and willing to defend their rights. However, I think the most massively underplayed aspect is how every country they pass through seems hell bent to pass them on to the next country until they reach the UK. Most European nations are only worried about illegal immigrants if they stop, which is why it has suddenly become a massive problem for Greece and Italy. Otherwise they are quite happy to boot them on to the next nation. This is why I find it so hard to understand why Britain is accepting France's stance on this issue. They are willingly filtering hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants towards Calais, and then blaming the British for them being there because the British Isles exist. Frankly, Britain should be taking this up with the EU and be threatening to introduce controls on the movement of any European citizens into the UK until France pull their fingers out of their backsides.

Theyre trying to get to Britain for a better life. They are fleeing abject poverty and enduring horrendous conditions and a torturous journey to get here. But yeah they're just coming here for benefits and the free hand outs. If youd travelled thousands of miles with FUCK ALL. and given up everything you have or own for a new start. Would you be put off by a lorry driver called Dave shouting at you or by a bunch of keyboard ninjas calling you names in a foreign language. The problem is a humanitarian one and not an immigration issue. This isn't economic migration. Its a migration of HOPE.

Logon or register to see this image

Someone should interview the upset long term unemployed that are not fit for work that are claiming sickies that have never been able to work a day in their lives and are complaining that these I migrants are taking the jobs that these lazy fuckers don't want to do and never have.

People talk about benefits; I don't think this is as big a factor as some peoole think. It is worth pointing out though that it's not just that our benefits are quite high (they aren't really massive compared to other wealthy countries, at least not including housing benefit anyway), but what makes our benefits somewhat unique is that they are almost completely non-contributory.

What I don't understand is France's approach.

Presumably these people are in France just as illegally as they would be if they got to the UK.

So France should be deporting them. I'd be happy for the UK to contribute to the cost.

Last edited:
I'm genuinely puzzled why. What do they think is here that's not in say France or Germany. Have they heard it's the land of milk and honey? Is it family? Do refugees genuinely get more here than elsewhere in Europe? Do they know they can get illegal work. Why would they risk their lives or be so desperate to get here? Genuine question. It's not an attempt to start political arguing.

Simple - they are educated to a decent level and speak English, not French - and it is well known we have a generation of people not willing to work = chances for them....some Iraqi lads we employ said the same thing, 'you don't want to work, we will'.

What I don't understand is France's approach.

Presumably these people are in France just as illegally as they would be if they got to the UK.

So France should be deporting them. I'd be happy for the UK to contribute to the cost.

Exactly my point. They seem to be happy to watch illegal immigrants brazenly wandering around in Calais as long as they are on their way to the UK.

Exactly my point. They seem to be happy to watch illegal immigrants brazenly wandering around in Calais as long as they are on their way to the UK.

posted a few times already but again... the french interior minister has openly asked the calais migrants to seek asylum in france... it was well reported in the media. some took that offer up, the majority have not.

posted a few times already but again... the french interior minister has openly asked the calais migrants to seek asylum in france... it was well reported in the media. some took that offer up, the majority have not.

It is not about asking them. If you have illegal immigrants wandering around in your country, you don't go up to them and say "excuse me Mr Illegal Immigrant, do you mind claiming asylum? No, ok, well you just carry on strolling around being illegal immigrants then..."

The French are taking the piss, the EU is taking the piss, Muzzies are taking the piss, vast armies of potential immigrants are hoping to take the piss. There's a pattern emerging here and only an idiot could be blind to it.

That Schengen Agreement was a bad idea.

The minute they step on land in Greece or Italy or wherever they're completely free to make a beeline to the promised land with no restrictions before Calais.

That bloody tunnel was a bad idea as well, though a truckload of dynamite could sort it in no time.

Other than that they'll never sort the problem, least of all by fencing it off.
They can simply keep moving back along the line and stop the traffic it anywhere they choose.

It is not about asking them. If you have illegal immigrants wandering around in your country, you don't go up to them and say "excuse me Mr Illegal Immigrant, do you mind claiming asylum? No, ok, well you just carry on strolling around being illegal immigrants then..."

france takes in more asylum seekers than the UK (twice as many as the UK in 2014) and the calais lot claim constant abuse and harassment from from the french police.

That Schengen Agreement was a bad idea.

The minute they step on land in Greece or Italy or wherever they're completely free to make a beeline to the promised land with no restrictions before Calais.

That bloody tunnel was a bad idea as well, though a truckload of dynamite could sort it in no time.

Other than that they'll never sort the problem, least of all by fencing it off.
They can simply keep moving back along the line and stop the traffic it anywhere they choose.

That makes sense. Blow the tunnel, scuttle the ferries, napalm Calais and close the English Channel. A few metres of concrete and razor wire added to Hadrian's wall and the job's done. The sooner we get back to bartering amongst ourselves the better I say.

Almost forgot, those choir loving Taffy bastards don't see themselves as English either. Maybe we should look at upgrading the our Castles over there and closing that border anarl. Sons of Bendower my arse.

Last edited:
The illegal migrants might be desperate, and I have some sympathy but the majority are not political asylum seekers but economic asylum seekers . The key word is illegal and if you look at their behaviour (albeit borne out of desperation ) do we really want them getting into the country?

Desperate times need desperate measures and in this case I think at least the threat of rubber bullets is warranted.
If they are that desperate to work which they would have to as illegal immigrants then I don't see a problem having them here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back