Mine entry near new property

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is far more common than people think.
Your solicitor will send a copy of the report to the surveyor.
He will say the valuation is fine as long as there are no upheld damage notice claims in the immediate area.

After some advice...

In the process of buying a house and the searches have revealed that there is a mine entry within 20 of the property. The search says it's been capped and drilled twice and hasn't been mined since 1955, and won't be in the future. Has anyone had any dealings with property like this?

The house next door has only just sold in March and there is another one in the street which looks on top of the mine entry, and that just sold too, so I don't think it's a massive issue, but if someone can say otherwise It may halt the purchase. Cheers

.. might be a plus if you get a coal fire ..

The structure will be fine, as the foundations will have been constructed in a way to suit the land it was built on. Also the coal board will stump up the cash if there is movement. The problem could be selling it on, as buyers always worry and either offer lower or decide not to buy. If it has been sold over the last few years, it's likely to sell again, should you want to.

After some advice...

In the process of buying a house and the searches have revealed that there is a mine entry within 20 of the property. The search says it's been capped and drilled twice and hasn't been mined since 1955, and won't be in the future. Has anyone had any dealings with property like this?

The house next door has only just sold in March and there is another one in the street which looks on top of the mine entry, and that just sold too, so I don't think it's a massive issue, but if someone can say otherwise It may halt the purchase. Cheers

If its in the north east there are probably a few miners still picketing the entrance

After some advice...

:evil: Bloody Thatcher

The structure will be fine, as the foundations will have been constructed in a way to suit the land it was built on. Also the coal board will stump up the cash if there is movement. The problem could be selling it on, as buyers always worry and either offer lower or decide not to buy. If it has been sold over the last few years, it's likely to sell again, should you want to.

Cheers, this is my gut feeling too. don't want to lose the house as it is everything we wanted. Hopefully the mortgage company will see it this way and let us continue

Ours is built on the site of an old mine. I've looked at old maps and think the main mine entry was in the woods behind the houses at the top of our cul-de-sac and the main pit head building would have been where our street is now. Nobody has had any bother with subsidence as far as I know and there is no evidence at all that there was mining here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back