Modern footballers not celebrating against former clubs when they score.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They can do what they want, doesn't bother me.
If I scored against Sunderland I'd go mental.

What passes for "not celebrating" is only what most footballers used to do when they scored a goal before TV made it all into a big pantomime.

Hope this helps

This! Players have made a rod for their own back now. Watch the '37 cup final, or even '66 world cup, little leap and and a slap on the back from the nearest 2 teammates. No Rio style length of the pitch, must get in the camera shot effort. Players go on like teenage girls at a Justin Bieber concert.

Makes me cringe to see a player score in the first 20 mins, complete with a knee sliding, chest thumping celebration, and then go on to get beat 3-1.

I'd celebrate like a massive obnoxious w@nker, kissing my new teams badge and everything, I'd gan on ridiculous to be quite honest. I can't understand this whole respect for former clubs ideaology, f*ck that sh*t.

Did Bridges ever score against us?I wonder how Jack will go on if he scores for the mags against us in the Derby.I'm not bothered either way,but i did think Lampard was OTT in his non reaction.Slightly disrespectfull to City fans.

Did Bridges ever score against us?I wonder how Jack will go on if he scores for the mags against us in the Derby.I'm not bothered either way,but i did think Lampard was OTT in his non reaction.Slightly disrespectfull to City fans.

That **** would honestly go completely over the top if he were to score against us what woth the way he went on against them last season.

What's everyone's thoughts on this? Seems to be a bit of a trend lately. Personally, I don't think I'd be able to contain myself :confused:. I can understand Lampard to a degree, but someone like Lukaku who had 1 year on loan a WBA?

It's not modern. Law did it in the 70's.

Lampard - fair enough, he was a legend there and hasnt been gone long.

But lots of others, it's just an ego thing, they dont really give a shit, just like to show how caring they are in front of the cameras.

But you could argue he is now being disrespectful to the City fans by NOT celebrating. He looked like he would rather have not scored, and if I was a city fan, that would piss me off slightly.
Chelsea let you go Frank. They did not want you anymore. Id have done a triple somersault right into Joses face to celebrate!

Yeah so don't rub the fans noses in it but Jose didn't want him, I'd celebrate right in front of him.

At least Lampard didn't do a Chopra and completely bottle it

What's everyone's thoughts on this? Seems to be a bit of a trend lately. Personally, I don't think I'd be able to contain myself :confused:. I can understand Lampard to a degree, but someone like Lukaku who had 1 year on loan a WBA?

guidurp sausage!

its out of respect, pure and simple.

Its good, it shows respect for the fans who he used to play for.....there's not enough respect in modern football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back